Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gob12345

Micrologix 1200 Fault S:6 "21H"

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a fault on my micrologix 1200 which is stopping the PLC from going into run mode. I can connect to the plc as well as download to it but as soon as i put it into run mode the fault comes up I searched the error code (21H) and its "Bad MSG file parameter for building message" Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm pretty confident that I don't have any MSG bits in the program, I'm using rs logix 500 (if that helps) Thanks Gob12345

Can you post your program? That way others can view your code and perhaps spot the cause of your fault.

Ok, I've attached it to this post Any suggestions will be very much appreciated RWR_18_02_13.RSS

The 1200 manual shows error 21H as relating to an I/O hardware failure. Is RSLogix actually showing "Bad MSG file parameter for building message" in the error window. Can you take a screen shot of the fault?

Does this unit have a memory module? If so could there be another program installed in that module? If there is a memory module cycle power to the 1200. Then, without loading your own program, go online with the 1200 and upload its contents.

The manual I have says this.

Hi All, That error makes sense to something I've been informed today, someone had accidentally put 110V dc on the 24V terminals, I stripped the PLC down to find some of the pins on the power card burnt (I think the output pins of the power card) i cleaned the connections up and checked the fuses (which were fine). Other than that i cant visually see any other issue, That's obviously not to say there isn't an issue, I just don't know where to look from here. Again, any thoughts would be grateful Gob12345

If you had burnt spots, odds are that something is damaged. You could try it with the correct power, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Yeh i've tried it with the correct power and that's the position i'm in now from the top of this topic feed, I'm guessing something is damaged too but I have little experience following circuit boards through like this

What's your time worth? It's probably more cost effective to replace it (or send it out for repair), unless you have a lot of free time and want to poke at it.