Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GT6Steve

Paper and binding manuals?

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone say if Allen Bradley is still supplying manuals in old school Book style with printed pages and binding? I'm looking for 1756-RM003O which is the "Logix5000 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual". I have it downloaded but I want a book. My local AB supplier seems perplexed by that concept... Thanx in advance, Steve

I don't have an answer but this may help to understand Actual 'books' may have entered the 'Silver' series. Edited by b_carlton
1 person likes this

That's excellent!

There's a way to turn a Publication number into an orderable print-on-demand Part Number, but I don't recall it. They aren't cheap, but they are available (at least they were a couple of years ago when I last ordered one). Have your distributor get in touch with RA's order services folks and they'll get it figured out.

Might not be exactally what you want, but we go to Office ???? Superstore and buy Three Ring Binders and then print the PDF manuals thru the 2 sided feature of our Copier. A little hole punch work and we have a paper manual cheaper than RA can bind it.

It's even easier for us. Our copier will punch the holes for us.

If you want more than a half dozen or so copies, contact a local print shop. they can make you up some nice rugged softback manuals in whatever style you can imagine. I like the square punch plastic comb binders with textured opaque covers: http://www.officedep...nes/N=5+509742/ Edited by OkiePC

Thanx all, over the weekend I pretty much resigned myself to printing, punching and binders.... Or get an IPad. Steve

I purchased an Android tablet just for this use. A 10 inch pad is perfect for storing and reading manuals. The text size on a 7 inch screen is just to small for my old eyes. It sure beats having to carry around dozens on paper manuals. I loaded up all of the many PDF manuals I have loaded on my laptop. Another benefit is you do not have to keep switching screens while reading a software manual and working with the software. You just keep the tablet beside you like a paper manual.

eBay? Everything else seems to show up there...