Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert_

OSR instruction in ST language

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new in ST language and looking for information at internet, i found the bellow code, but i don´t understand why the OSR instruction appear denied "NOT" ONS_trig:= start_stop AND NOT Rising_ONS; ON_OFF:=(ONS_trig AND NOT ON_OFF) OR (ON_OFF AND NOT ONS_trig); Rising_ONS:= start_stop;

There is no OSR instruction in that code. What you're seeing is tags with "ONS" as part of the tag name. In the first line, the tag ONS_trig turns on if start_stop on on and Rising_ONS is off. In the last line, Rising_ONS is set equal to start_stop. Here's what happens: First scan, start_stop is OFF - ONS_trig is set to OFF; Rising_ONS is set to OFF Second scan, start_stop is ON - ONS_trig is set to ON (because Rising_ONS is still OFF); Rising_ONS is set to ON Third scan, start_stop is ON - ONS_trig is set to OFF; Rising_ONS stays ON Fourth scan, start_stop is OFF - ONS_trig stays OFF; Rising_ONS is set to OFF The ONS_trig is therefore on for one scan. So the middle line only reacts to the rising edge of the start_stop. This looks to me like code for a flip-flop. Each time the start_stop button is pressed, the ON_OFF tag changes state.

ST has a built in FB called F_TRIG and R_TRIG. You must instantiate an instances of F_TRIG or R_TRIG for every one shot.

thank you very much JROSS, I really have been very useful reply