Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmeherg

SLC 5/05 Remote IO Issue

5 posts in this topic

I am having an issue with a 1747-ASB showing a 333 fault code. I have never worked with troubleshooting Remote I/O issues before now, so I am kinda at a loss. This is not a new application. It has been running for several years now.

I googled and downloaded a manual for the 1747-ASB with error codes. Error 333 indicates a "Watchdog Reset Detected". Cycle the power on the module to see if the error goes away. If the problem is persistant, replace the module.

I can cycle the power and the fault will clear. We have gotten the fault in the past, but only like once every 3 months or so. It has become more regular, and today we got the fault three times.

Watchdog errors are not network failures or timeouts; they are the microcontroller equivalent of the blue screen of death. If you're getting them intermittently and they're becoming more frequent, you should plan on replacing the module. There were two Series letters for the 1747-SN, and the Series B supports Block Transfers, so they are significantly different. If the existing module is a Series A, you can replace it with a Series A or B as long as you reconfigure the SLC program to recognize the new module. If it's a Series B, you must replace it with a Series B. Most of the configuration is one in RSLogix 500, so the only physical setting you need to make is the 2-position DIP switch for the baud rate.

Thanks guys. I have the module coming tomorrow. I will replace it and see what happens.