Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tscott7670

Displaying Scientific Notation on GOT1000

8 posts in this topic

New to the GOT HMI and GT Designer3. I've spent a couple of days spinning my wheels on this and could use some help. I am trying to display a value between 1E-13 and 1E-3 in a Numerical Display control on a GOT1000. I'm using GT Designer3. The PLC is a Q03UDECPU. The values display properly in GX Developer in D40 and D41 when I show it in Real (single precision) and I can make the Digits 13 and the Decimal Points 10 or so and the number will display on the GOT1000. I just can't figure out how to format the Numerical Display for scientific notation. Do I have to do something fancy and separate the mantissa and exponent and show it in to different Numeric controls? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've never needed to display scientific notation. Hopefully for your sake someone here has, because I think you might be stuck doing it manually, and it won't be pretty. You'll want to download manual SH(NA)080808ENG from meau.com and check out section 2.4.4. It will be a nasty bit of code-work, especially as the mantissa is binary encoded.

There's a function in the PLC to convert real number to scientific notation, which basically makes it 2 16-bit words. I don't know of a way to display scientific notation on the GOT from a real number.

Scientific notation can't be displayed by GOT1000 directly. For QnU PLC, you mast change the floating-point data to BCD by "EMOD" instruction. Then display the "mantissa" and "exponent" on GOT separately . Hope the Demo will help you…… demo.rar

THANKS! This demo.rar works wonderfully until the value is less than 1.00E-009 like 1.00E-010 then it stops with an error 4100. I can limit my displayed range from 1.00E - 9 to 1E-3 with out too much of a problem but am stumped as to why it STOPS. Stop error occurs on the line BIN D204 D304 when D204 becomes 10. I have tried to figure out what the problem is but I am lacking in experience, but learning fast. I have attached the demo2.zip with and edit to accept more decimal places. demo2.zip

Hi tscott, I've found the problem. The "exponent" data is BIN, not BCD. So, please delet "DBIN" instructions for "D203" Please refer to attachment..... demo2_Fixed.rar

That was it worked perfectly. I can't tell you how many searches I did and manuals I read. I was certain it was going to be much more difficult as mentioned above. Thanks all. Great site.

hello sir , Hope you are fine and good in health , I am working on GOT 1000 GT designer 3 and very new to this . I started and struggling alot in creating screens , alarms , etc . I m.facing one problem i created alarm pop up .when.pop window opens it is appearing on top left always so i go in screen setting then by trial n error i change check box on x any y coordinates but no use how easily i can change the positions on the screen .Please if u have support or any examples please do let me know. thank.