Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dheine1

Help installing RSLogix 500 standard

4 posts in this topic

I am attempting to install RSLogix 500 standard on my PC running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. When I first put the RSLogix CD in it wants me to first install FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.50 (CPR 9 SR 5). When I try to install this or the actual RSLogix 500 software i get the following error Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action. I was told that RSLogix did not support Windows 7 Professional SP1 so I uninstalled SP1 but I still get the same error. Please help!

What version of RSLogix500 are you installing? I successfully run version 8.40 on my win7 x64 machine.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I finally got some help from Rockwell. It turns out this is a common problem with their software and it is because of registry errors. I am attaching the PDF they sent me which explains in detail how to fix. Hopefully this will help someone else. KB461246.pdf

On 1/30/2013 at 7:32 PM, dheine1 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I finally got some help from Rockwell. It turns out this is a common problem with their software and it is because of registry errors. I am attaching the PDF they sent me which explains in detail how to fix. Hopefully this will help someone else. KB461246.pdf

Dear dheine1, 

would you mind to share file  KB461246.pdf  cause i have the same problem while installing rslogix 500 on windows 7.

Thank you