Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Home Control

4 posts in this topic

I am seeing more and more devices that will allow you to control your home lighting via smart phone/remote access. What I am not finding are multi-point output devices. If I build a new home, I want to put in a relay board in my panel to control all of the lighting instead of individual modules around the whole house. Has anyone found any thing like this? Edited by Shiner

I have not been keeping up with the residential side of the electrical distribution business for a while, but I know that both GE and Cutler Hammer used to have distribution (breaker) panels for that purpose. You may want to check with your local distributor.

there is home automation by legrand hpm and there is also one by Clipsal called C-Bus (now owned by schneider) ... i have used the clipsal stuff with "glass saturn light switches" very neat with a home of around 90 lights... very flexible... bit different from PLC programming but pretty happy with the result.

I don't remember in which movie I watched, that all the rooms of the house were equipped with sound sensors. When the owner claps, then all the electrical appliances started working. When he claps again, then they become inactive. I also want to have something like that, not in my whole house but in one room. I want when I clap then my fan starts. How can I make it do so. Please suggest?