Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Roddo

RSLogix & XP Home

7 posts in this topic

We're having trouble loading RSlogix500 V5.0 onto a new laptop using Windows XP Home as the operating system as we continually get a message saying that our version won't work with NT! Any suggestions?

RSLogix500 was not officially compatible with WinXP until V5.20.00 Upgrade your RSLogix500.

Both of those suggestions will work. RSLogix 500 would intentionally check the OS type when installing and not install on an OS it didn't recognize and wouldn't support. Since version 5.00 came out before XP was released, it won't support XP. RSLogix 500 versions 5.20 and later support Windows XP Professional. There's no reason it won't work on XP home, but it's not supported by RSI to run on that OS.

I once have version 4.X and 5.0 working with XP Pro. This was quite a while back. You might want to try setting the compaibility mode when installing. Right click on the RSLogix 500 setup.exe, click on the Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 2000 or if that doesn't work, NT4.0. I can't guarantee that the program will run bug free. You may need to set the compaibility mode for the Rs500.exe as well...Maybe best to just upgrade before working half way into a program and the dang thing crashes on you.

XP has a utility to install older programs in older windows OS's. Try Win 98, this worked for me.

I installed it using XPs Compatibilty Wizard. Lovely job. Binned that version for version 6 now.