Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave w

90-30 communications

4 posts in this topic

I have a 90-30 PLC that also has an HMI plugged into the RS232 port. I am trying to monitor the program with Proficy on my laptop but I need to unplug the HMI from the port to do this. I don't work on these very much but my question is, is there another communication card I can add to the rack so I can have both the HMI and the laptop hooked up? Is it even possible? Thanks for any help. If more information is needed, please ask.

Hello, You could add an Ethernet card. Edited by Mark-

There are a couple of possibilities, but both of them are based on the need for this to be a unit with a CPU module and not one of the CPU in the backplane units. There is a CPU module that has two serial ports. That's IC693CPU363. You could replace the existing CPU module with a CPU363 and now you have two additional serial ports available. There is also a serial communications module IC693CMM311. It installs in a spare slot in the same rack as the CPU module.

The IC693CMM311 and Ethernet module IC693CMM321 are no longer available from GEIP. You may find either on the used market though and as Steve said you will need a system that uses the modular CPU (CPU331 or above).