Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wordman

How to reference register values as a register

5 posts in this topic

I have to use a Modicon QUANTUM on this job, using proworx nxt, so i'm stuck using 984 Ladder... I need a way to find a register with the highest value in a block of registers. Rather than spanning across 32 networks in an endless number of TEST branches, I'd like to use some pointer system and a subroutine, but I don't know how to reference a value in a register for the test block. IE i can only do it like this. --------- 40103 40104 TEST -------- I need a way use indirect addressing, but nothing in the manual points how.. I want to set up a pointer.. say 40100, and update the value in it, then use the value in the test block which points to the register i want to test for. Is there a way, and whats the synatx. If not, any other suggestions. Edited by Wordman

I can SRCH for a certain bit pattern within the block, but I'm not so sure how that will be easily implemented. I need to find the register with the least value within the block

Excellent. Just what I've been trying to figure out. I'll try it out, Thanks a lot.

Yeah, thats what I did as well. Also, I used SUBs instead of TESTs, because that pesty signed arithmatic input gets in the way of the shunts. I'm not sure how you got them not to connect in your network, but I see no intuitive way in NxT. Anyway, Thank you again! Not used to Modicon, but it's starting to grow on me.

lol...I cheated... The original code ran on a Compact using SUB's but I edited the text printout to TEST's because I knew you were using a Quantum (but forgot about the signed math i/p!) I'd better mod those files in the download area....