Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dheine1

Micrologix 1400 Run mode

6 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I am not a programmer but I recently started a job working on some equipment that is utilizing a Micrologix 1400 PLC. The problem I have is that everytime the equipment is powered down then back up the PLC starts up in Program mode instead of Run mode and I have to change to Run mode using the keypad. The programmer and everyone else I have talked to says that this PLC should just Start up in which ever mode it was in when it was powered down but this is not happening. I have a feeling that it is something that the programmer is doing wrong because I have four systems that all do the same thing. Can someone help? What must be done to ensure that the PLC will Start-up in "Run" mode everytime. Thanks

Check status of S:1/12 , see picture.
1 person likes this

More info... Powerupmode.pdf
1 person likes this

Thanks I'll talk to my programmer, I'm pretty sure he has the "start in run mode" bit set but I'll check.

On 14/1/2556 at 11:56 AM, Mickey said:

On 14/1/2556 at 11:56 AM, Mickey said:

I can't see Picture 

Open up processor status and go to the "Mem Module" tab.

The default setting is "0", which is what mine is set to.  Setting it to "1" is supposed to switch it to Run mode on power-up, but mine always go directly into Run without intervention and with that bit set to "0".  I suspect there's something else going on here.