Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
travis

Kinetix 300 Motor Brake Wiring

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I got a Kinetix 300 and a servo motor model MPL-B220T-xxx4. Just wondering how the brake wiring does. Is that okay I just connect the white cable to IO connector pin 49 and black cable to IO connector pin 50 ? Thanks in advanced. Cheers.

No ! The discrete outputs on the Kinetix 300 are lower-power transistor outputs: they cannot drive a brake solenoid directly. You need to use those outputs to drive an interposing relay or contactor that is sized for your relay solenoid and properly wired for back-EMF suppression. There are typical diagrams in the 2097-UM001 User Manual, for example on Page 176. Edited by Ken Roach

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm done with the brake. Do you know how to shorter the range of velocitystandstillstatus value ? My user unit is 0.1 and my actual speed when the motor is on still condition, it can up to +- 1.2 user units/sec. Is this normal ?

I am not familiar with the adjustment or tuning of that parameter. You might have to talk to RA Technical Support for that.

To shorten the range you must improve the conversion / gearing - This is so you get better conversion and the servo now is controlling to 1/ 1000 of a unit not 1/10 of a unit I think it is possible to adjust this parameter but I have never had to on a 300 system. If you are happy with the scaling then you probably have a tuning issue Stationary is the motor "humming" ? this is an indication of a over-tuned motor that will respond quickly but Buzz when stationary again tuning and other parameters may assist Have you got a copy of motion-rm003_-en-p.pdf ? CIP Motion tuning Edited by michael G

Thanks for the help, it does better after I have tuned the motor again. Now I facing new problem, When I cause E19 fault, I'm not able to reset my driver from the program. Only able reset after I cycle power the drive. Have you met similar scenario? Thank you very much, you guys replies really gave a lot supports.

Look into instruction MAR "Motion axis reset" and MASR "Motion axis shutdown reset" (May need a MAS "Motion axis Stop" followed by a MSF "Motion Servo Off" in there as well) You should be able to trial them by right clicking on the axis and using Motion direct commands (sorry this may only be control logix platform RS5000) There are also sample programs for controlling motion axis so that you can recover from trips - Depends on your install if they are already on your PC

Well, I just familiar with explicit messages and haven't use motion instructions before. This is totally new to me but I'll find out how these works. BTW thanks.