Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Audie

GE 90/30 Intouch Intel computer

7 posts in this topic

Any help would be great. Here is the history of everything. Back in june 2012 we had a computer fry on us it had a burn on the Mother Board. We already had a computer recently built custom we had the HD mirrored of the one that fried. Since then we have had nothing but problems. We are running a GE 90/30 serial connection computer is intel I think it is the I3 series kinda bare except the serial card. We are running GESMP, Intouch 10.0 and scada. I have tried USB modems, 2 different serial cards, removed printer port card replaced with USB goes to HP printer. Running Win XP pro SP2 ( except as recent tried to have windows update with SP3 ) Was thinking maybe the battery backup we have bought a new one and put it on it and just today it was frozen.... I am lost on what to look at or where to go from here.... Maybe something to do with old PLC connection to newer based computers not compatable???? Tried to make sure there was no new IO server and it is up to date. Ideas or help with this would be awesome as I am running out of ideas or things to try I can not seem to see where the problem is coming from.... There is no pattern on when this problem happens I have tried AMD based computer have a win 98 system that seems to work great but can not get a modem to work on it....

I lost you at GESMP. Do you mean SNP serial? Start with what you have and how it is connected. Why a modem? Is it through a phone system? What doesn't work? What does? Most modems don't like SNP, that is one reason SNPx was developed.

Sorry gesmp is the da server used by wondeware.. the modem is used for scada voice alarms. Also what does not work is the random problems with the computer ie freezes, reboots and shutting off. Edited by Audie

You will find help for that problem by searching here: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/ your problem has been discussed here more than once. Your symptoms are indicative of incompatible hardware drivers within the OS. Was the image loaded onto different hardware? Try updating all drivers, start with video and audio. Edited by RussB

Yes I have tried 3 different computers. Almost acts like when memory is bad or power supply... is it possible the computer is too new for the plc?

Not too old for the PLC, but maybe the GESMP driver in the old Intouch software does not like the UART used by the COMM port. If I am correct that the only software other than the OS that is installed on the PC is Intouch, you should call their tech support for assistance on this.

See and I asked their tech support to see if there was a updated legacy driver and I am told I am using the latest one.... Awesome idea in the comport maybe it is the com card I am using thanks for the idea