Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ALittleKnowledge

Qn(H) boot file parameters

1 post in this topic

I normally use GX Developer, but I recently got a demo copy of GX IEC Developer 6 and today I thought I'd try it out. One thing I noticed is that it wasn't possible to alter the file settings in the boot file parameters for Qn(H) PLCs. The selection was fixed at memory card (RAM). The Qn(H) can boot from memory card (RAM or ROM) and standard ROM. The ability to boot from standard ROM, combined with automatic copying of memory card data to standard ROM prior to boot, is a very useful way of setting up a CPU without connecting GX (+/- IEC) Developer. I then tried looking at the results of exporting the project into an ascii file. I found that, if I changed the relative value in the ascii file, it was possible to import the file and and have a boot file parameter setting for boot from standard ROM (which is what I wanted). MEM_2_STDROM := 0 (* Boot from memory card RAM *) MEM_2_STDROM := 1 (* Boot from standard ROM *) I'm wondering if this is just a bug in the demo software or is the full version of GX IEC Developer just as bad? (Addition; I've just found out that if "Auto download of all data from memory card to Standard ROM" is selected on the boot file parameters page, then the window closed and re-opened, the boot source will change to Standard ROM. They must have had a very small budget when they wrote this program ) Edited by ALittleKnowledge