Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjeesbeest

FX3G/FX3U connection

35 posts in this topic

Hello there, I've looked all over the forum for my answer but cannot find it. Maybe someone here can help me out. I've got two FX3G with ethernet modules, they should talk to eachother but there must be a setting problem. To explane what it should do: The program in one PLC makes an output that becomes an input in the other PLC and this must work both ways. In the instructionmanual i've found the live connection with the connectiontest and timeout, this works. But i just can't figureout how to set a output to send to the other PLC. I hope someone can help me out here. Thx

What programming software and which language type? The PLCs wont talk to each other without a program for exchanging data, but there are examples using "NoProtocol communication", and "MC communication". Let us know your software and language and we'll be able to help you.

Hello, i'm using "ladder" and both GX works2 or GX Develloper. Bought the software last week so i'm very new to it. First i had medoc FX programming software but this one is not useable because of the new functions. I hope this helps to help me. Thx

Go to "My Mitsubishi", under downloads search for: FX Series - Ethernet - EthernetFX3U_GD_V300 You should get one result, use that to get started...

Read it tried it, does not work with the FX3G's Only thing i get to communicate is the FX3U-ENET module. Many commands from the FX3U PLC are different for the FX3G PLC there for i stil get a ladder fault if i try to set the values from the FX3U PLC in to the FX3G PLC ...... even on the mitsubishi site there is no much info over the newer FX3G PLC. See attached picture....... that one is for a FX3U Please help click here for bigger picture Edited by sjeesbeest

The command INCP, you've put into the frame, is supported even by old series of PLC... The example will work with FX3G perfectly.

It works with FX3G, BUT are you using the ADP-ENET module or the FX3U-ENET module??

The FX3U-ENET module is the one i'm using, because i will have to use a HMI in the near future. Edited by sjeesbeest

Well, you cannot compare a LOGO (or Misubishi ALPHA) with a FX PLC or Siemens Sxx series. You have a lot more possibilities with a "real" PLC, hence you will have to do more programming yourself. To start with some basics: 1. Did you connect the PLCs together via a switch or directly? 2. If connected directly, did you use a crossover cable or a regular cable? 3. Have you configured the IP addresses on both systems with two different addresses or are they set to default? 4. How is your module setup on the right side of the PLC, I can see in your program that you are sending data to module 1 (U1/G***)? According to that, you have first one special module on the right hand side, and then you have the ENET module since addressing starts at 0...

I know about the LOGO and the Alpha, it's more like a programmable relay :) 1: there is a switch between them, and i can access both via the network 2: see point one 3: IP adresses are given PLC one 192.168.0.100 and PLC two is 192.168.0.110 4: the photo is not relevant anymore because it did not work. There is nothing on the left, only the FX3U-enet on the right (both modules have address 0 in FX configurator-EN) The settings for the FX3U-enet moduls were made by FX configurator-EN. I found a connection program for the PLC connection and used that to see if there was any connection between them, and it worked. So the FX3U-enet modules are setup, but i do not understand how i can get a output on PLC one to set a "merker" in PLC two. I found in "GX works 2" the code for the IP address and i know how to split them in binarycode, but when i read the program from the PLC with GX-developer i cannot find the IP-address. Because the functions that are used i normally don't use. Edited by sjeesbeest

That's why it won't work. All MOV instructions in the picture that has a "U1\G***" structure are moving data between buffer memories in the module and the "1" number after "U" indicates that the ENET module is number two on the right hand side. If you correct all the "U1" to "U0" it'll work better. You "have to use" the example, or write something on your own to transfer data between the PLCs. To briefly explain the concept: -The modules have a lot of different functions, hence they are also more "difficult" to program (not like the ALPHA....), however I do agree it should be a lot easier to transfer data between Mitsubishi PLC's. -To do the data transfer, the program example sets up a "NoProtocol" function -The NoProtocol function indicates to the module that it should transfer raw data to/from a connected Ethernet card (basically any ethernet card that are connected ) -Since you will be transferring data using NoProtocol you must specify what you are transferring both in the server and the client, hence the program example All in all you need a program in both PLCs. You should use the examples, or else you will have to write something yourself which is not a good option. If you want to write something yourself, use the program example as a starting point and make that work before you continue with something else. Try the example and post up if you have questions. As a small note: It should really be easier to transfer data between Mitsubishi PLCs. It bothers me that even writing/reading values between the PLCs should be made by NoProtocol. In my opinion Mitsubishi should implement the MC master/client protocol in all Ethernet modules (both Q and FX) so that we can set up a simple MC master/client to talk to other PLCs, and the MC slave/server is already implemented in the Ethernet modules. This is not good for Mitsubishi since it's basically equally difficult to transfer data between Mitsubishi PLCs as it is to transfer data between e.g. Siemens and Mitsubishi PLCs...

... May be I'm wrong, but with ENET-ADP will possible to build special N:N-network: easy settings, an adjusting is not necessary.

Thx for the reply's this is my "project" now click here I'm of to work. Will try the coding mentioned U1=>U0 but the steps won't work but maybe because of that problem. The N:N networking i've read that too, but it seems only to be working by the ADP unit, i can try though :) Edited by sjeesbeest

You are correct, this only applies to ADP-ENET modules. Let us know how your project works out...

Just tried to load the program into the FX3G but is doesn't work. I had made it under the FX3U PLC protocol and could make the Ladder, i converted the program to the FX3G PLC protocol and GX-Developer gives me an error. I've tried to build a new program from the ground up for the FX3G PLC protocol but the U0 of U1\ function cannot be used !! When i tried to load it into my old FX3U PLC (with a broken output relay) there is no problem with the program. I just don't understand what is wrong here.

The program you posted on Dropbox compiles fine with me. Can you upload the program that gives you error(s)?

Hello there, Here are the requested files click here It seems that the FX3G doesnot support the Ux function.

Wow, just learned something new, the FX3G doesn't support direct BFM addressing (see picture)... In that case you will have to rewrite the "MOV" instructions to TO and FROM instructions instead and it will work. TO writes data to module x, BFM y and n number of devices, and FROM reads data from the module with the same syntax. The program will look almost the same, except that every MOV instruction containing "U0\xx" will be replaced by a TO or FROM instruction. Truly sorry for the misleading posts!!!

dang, thx for the info! I will try that tomorrow. But i cannot see the connetion to the IP address in the PDF files, this is a real puzzle to me because there is nothing i could find about it. I have to setup the PLC's in master/slave to get the FROM/TO to work, but this doesn't work. The M coding is different then all the examples i could find. Edited by sjeesbeest

You do not modify the IP address in the ladder, it has to be set via Config-EN software. In the ladder you only refer to connection numbers....

I've changed the Mitsubishi FX3G PLC's to Siemens LOGO's 0BA7 for now. I've looked day and night for an example to get me going with the FX3G's but nothing seems to work. There is even no answer from my Mitsubishi dealer. All i wanted is a simple input X1 from PLC-1 to turn on an output Y0 in PLC-2, i tought i could make it work but it's just to difficult for me obvious. :( That was the first thing i changed to set the IP address by FX Configurator-EN, and this was the only thing that i could get started, the function blocks f78 and f79 (from/to) i just don't get it what they do in the program....... the example program does not even work!! grrrrrr Edited by sjeesbeest

The manuals for the FX3U-ENET adapter should have example code to make two PLCs communicate with each other. Chances are you will need to copy your input bits into a word, as most network traffic is in words. I am uploading an example program provided to me by Mitsubishi Electric Automation in the US. It's for FX3U, not FX3G, so you may need to modify the program a bit. Keep in mind FX3G doesn't have all of the features of the FX3U.

Thats my problem to mr Crossbow, al the programs are for the FX3U PLC and they don't work with the FX3G PLC. The "word" programming is not my thing. But often if i have an example i can make my own program. This program doesn't work with the FX3G the Ux/G.... is not supported, converting the program to FX3G doesn't work. Thx anyway Edited by sjeesbeest

sjeesbeest, What is the problem to replace MOV instructions with FROM/TO?? An example: 1) For the instruction MOV UA/GB Dn, where A - intellegent module address (unit number), B - buffer memory address, and Dn - destination device, the equivalent is FROM KA KB Dn K1. 2) For the instruction MOV Dn UA/GB, its equivalent is TO KA KB Dn K1 BMOV instruction can be replaced with the similar FROM/TO, but with appropriate number of points (last operand).

The above sentence i do not understand. Sorry, but i've read those instuctions deep in to the night, made a test program but still nothing happent. Like i said, it's completely new to me in the Mitsubishi. I'm used to a simple ladder programming i had never had to use the FROM/TO function. It very difficult for me to understand how to program this function. All the example ladders don't work !! Sending/receiving programs don't work too. I'm very lost in this, thats why i've asked for a simple example to get me started...... The BFM on the FX3G i cannot find........ I took the PLC's to my house and try to get it started So for example i like to MOVE X0 from PLC1 to PLC2: PLC1 |---|x0|---[TO K0 K0 D1 K1]------| |---------------------------[END]----| K0 = both modules on the right side are modul 0 D1 = PLC2 ? K1 = ? PLC2 |---|?|--[FROM K0 K0 D0 K1]---| |--------------------------[END]-----| ? = input from PLC1 (don't know what to fill in here) K0 = both modules on the right side are modul 0 D0 = PLC1 K1 = ?