Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robh

Invalid DM address?

10 posts in this topic

Probably another silly question but I haven't found an answer in my books yet. I am using a NS10 screen and a C200H PLC. I am having trouble with a numeral display and input. I want to write to the PLC DM02128. Everything verifies and downloads fine. After downloading and restarting the terminal, and I go to the screen that has the numeral display and input, the terminal gives me a pop up that says there is an addressing error. If I change the address to DM00000, download again it works fine. What is the reason 02128 will not work? Is there a max address that the NS will recognize? I have copied other numeral display and inputs that are working correctly and changed only the address with no luck. Still makes that loud error beep . Thanks, Rob

Can you provide the complete part number for the plc? Should be C200H-CPUxx

It is a C200HS CPU21 Thanks

That should be a valid address. I would try it without the leading zero. All C200H/C200HS DM addresses were 4 digits. Example DM2128. Hope this helps.

CX-Designer automatically adds the leading zeros for me.

Make sure that this a C200HS PLC. C200H was limited to DM0000-DM1999. Also, are you using Hostlink or NT Link protocol?

It is a C200HS-CPU21-E PLC and I am using Hostlink. NS is connected to a LNK201 module on the PLC rack. The PLC is in service and working correctly. I am replacing an old TCP touch screen with a NS10-TV00B-V2. According to my fancy manual, DM areas 0000-0999 and 2000-5999 are normal DM areas.

I think I figured it out. I am slightly less dense than the desk I am sitting at. I am using my spare processor in my office. It has a current running copy of the plc program in it but is missing some remote racks and cards. When I plug the screen into the rack that is on the machine it works fine and displays the correct information. Thanks for the ideas and the help.

Still does not explain why it did not work on your desk CPU... This would be a valuable answer to find.

Yes it would. I am a still learning how to speak Omron, but I hope to figure it out as I think it will show up again in my adventures.