Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Brian Johnson

ge

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have,or know where to get the pinout for a 90 micro program cable. Also, does any one have any experiece with using versapro to program the micro series?

The manual for the Series 90 Micro is publication number GFK-1065f and can be found at: http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su.../s90micro-m.htm The 15-pin serial port is RS485. You will need a converter to interface with your PC's COM port. There are a couple of converter models available, including the IC690ACC901, the IC200ACC415, or the Horner HE690SNPCBL. Contact your local distributor. The Series 90 Micro is a discontinued product line. It has been superceded by the VersaMax Micro/Nano line. Yes, I have experience programming the Series 90 Micro with both VersaPro and Logicmaster software. What specifically do you need help with?

Steve, I will be adding an expansion rack to an existing 90-30 series. I understand that the communication modules for HMI's have to reside in the CPU rack. Is it possible to run two HMI's off one module? I have an existing quick panel jr, but would like to add another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are we talking about two different systems here? your initial post was about a Series 90 Micro, but now you're asking about a 90-30. To answer your question about the 90-30. The IC693CMM311 communications coprocessor module must be located in the same rack as the CPU module. It comes with a cable attached that gives you two independent serial ports. Each port can be configured to use either SNP, CCM, or RTU (Modbus) protocol. Port 2 can be configured as either RS232 or RS485, but port 1 is RS232 only. Yes, you can run two HMIs simultaneously. At one time, they warned you to limit the baud rate to 9600 when using both ports simultaneously, but I'm not sure if that's still an issue. One other point to be aware of. There are a four 90-30 models that don't have a separate CPU module. These are the five slot CPU311 or CPU313 and ten slot CPU321 and CPU323. These are not expandable, and they are also incompatible with the CMM311 module.

Sorry for the confusion, yes, they are two different systems. I may be expanding an existing system with a 350 series CPU, and adding an additional quick panel Jr. I am expecting to have my cable for the micro today. I have been warned about some firmware conflicts with using versapro on the micro. Are you aware of any?

I seem to remember some issues, but not the specifics. At any rate, you can download firmware v3.10 for the Series 90 Micro from the GE Fanuc website. http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su.../s90micro-u.htm

Are you aware of any downloadable test programs, that I can use to test the micro with?

When you say 'test the micro', do you mean that you want to verify that the hardware works properly or that you want to learn how to use the functions in the instruction set? With the software connected, you can check the inputs by wiring signals to them and watching to make sure that they show in the proper location in the input table. You can check outputs by moving to teach one in the output tables and hitting F12 to change state. If you're looking to practice your programming skills, contact me via email through this forum. I have some tools that may be helpful.