Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gdalianis

Connection between a PC and an old Sysmac C200HG CPU 43

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I need your help if it possibe. I have an old omron CPU C200HG CPU43 and I am trying to connect to it with my PC though serial 9-pin cable. I try the pinout suggested to the manual of the C200HS which is OMRON PC 1 -- 1 2 -- 2 3 -- 3 9 -- 5 On the male serial port of the CPU I have short circuit pins 4 with 5 On the female serial port of the PC I have short circuit 4 with 6 and 7 with 8 Unfortunatelly, alhtough I can see the comm LED light on on the CPU I can not get any connection. I have try to connect the auto on line fuction of cx-programmer and also to connect with the work on-line function after loading the program of the CPU which I have stored to my PC, none of them works..... I am desperate for a solution, I suspect that I am done something wrong with the serial wiring, could anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum. Check the DIP switches on the CPU. Switch 5 should be ON. If you change the switch, make sure you cycle power, switches are read at power up. Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

I suspect that the PLC has been damaged, I got an error LED indication and with the same cable and ports I have connected to a CQM1h CPU.... thanks for your help

There are many other factors that go into connecting to the PLC. It is rare that there would be an error that would prevent you from connecting. Follow gtsuport's advice (dip sw 5 on) and then set your comms up for Hostlink, 9600, 7, E, 2 and it should work.

Many thanks for your support, especially to gtsuport, I have managed to connect to the CPU after loading the an old copy at the program that I have to my PC and press "work on line" mode. Could you possible give some more help. As I have said i got an error indication on the CPU, after the connection has been made I got the massage the the CPU has error at the PC. The errors on the error log was: -Code 0x00F1 fatal Memory error -Code -------- fatal IO Unit Over error -Code -------- Non fatal Battery error -Code -------- Non fatal System Alarm (FAL) error -Code -------- Non fatal Duplex / Special IO Unit error I have managed also to download the program to the PC and I ask the cx-programmer to make a comparison between the programs stored at the PC and the PLC, the CX-programmer pooped up a message said "The expresion fuctions do not match" I have to mention that I have connected to the PLC though the serial port which is normally used for a connection of the PLC with a HMI, could it possible be this the reason for the error on the IO units? Could you give some help in order to procced, as you understand I am very newbie to this but I am desperate to bring the CPU back to life..... Thank you

-Code 0x00F1 fatal Memory error -Code -------- fatal IO Unit Over error -Code -------- Non fatal Battery error -Code -------- Non fatal System Alarm (FAL) error -Code -------- Non fatal Duplex / Special IO Unit error All of the above errors came from a dead battery, "The expresion fuctions do not match" The expansion functions do not match Turn on DIP Switch 4 and download again.