Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flylikechris

Connecting to a PLC with unknown IP

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a Q06UDEHCPU PLC with a QJ71E71-100 ethernet module. This has been sitting in a testing lab, and nobody seems to know the correct address to connect. With the GT15, I was able to easily navigate to the network settings, and change the IP to what I was using. Here, I'm not too sure where to start. Using Melsoft Navigator, it seems like my module configuration changes do not update GXWorks2. Any ideas how I can connect to this CPU via ethernet? I do not have my usb cable with me right now. Thanks- EDIT: Attached are some photos showing my network configuration in GX Works 2, and in Navigator. Edited by flylikechris

If you set it in Navigator, be sure to do a parameter reflection to the project, and then download the project and reset the CPU. <div><br></div><div>And in your two pics of IP addresses, one is the built in and one is the E71 module.  The address you see at the bottom of the screen is the current connection method to the PLC, adjusted via Connection Destination.  It has nothing to do with setting the IP addresses of the actual PLC, just for getting online.</div>

Thanks for the response! I am still having problems downloading to the CPU though. I am unable to connect to my device. In navigator I've re-done the parameter reflection, and still can't download to the device. http://tinypic.com/r/344flux/6 Any thoughts? Thanks in advance- Edited by flylikechris

You haven't set up an IP adress to write to. According to your attached picture you want to connect to ip adress 0.0.0.0. It's easier to connect to the Ethernet of the CPU though. Just use a cable (cross or direct) directly to the CPU's ethernet port. Then change your transfer setup and choose the CPU instead of the QJ71E71 module. click on the CPU and change the setting to ethernet (ethernet port direct connection) (This way you do not have to set up the IP adress). Edited by Gambit

Hi Gambit thanks for your reply. My CPU actually does not have an ethernet port. The only provisions are for RS-232 and USB. I always thought it to be a little strange that Navigator wants to assume it has a built in port. As you can see from that picture, the configuration for the QJ71E71 shows IP manipulation as locked/greyed out. I've pushed the configuration of that module to iQWorks from Navigator, so not too sure what may be happening. Sorry about this guys, hopefully I'm not just missing something blindly obvious. Thanks all-

In your post you stated you have a Q06DEHCPU this is a CPU with an integrated ethernet. If you do not have an ethernet port it must be another CPU (Q06H or a Q06UDCPU) You'll have to change your CPU type The settings should be made for the QJ71E71-100 and not the CPU. After reflecting the parameters your changes will be in GX Works 2 Edited by Gambit

Ahhh! Yes, I do not have the "E" designation in my CPU model. It is in fact the Q06UDHCPU. Many thanks! Hopefully I can update and communicate to the module. I will update this and let you know how things work.

Just figured out that you can double click each icon in the connection destination box. Thanks all! Edited by flylikechris