Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt Seiman

Honeywell DCP100 Temp Controller

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, Has anyone out there programmed a Honeywell DCP100 temperature controller? I was able to find an installation manual, however there is not really anything it this manual about programming it. So I was hoping someone out there has already entered a program from scratch on this Honeywell DCP100 temperature controller and could lend a hand. Thank you for your time.

I managed to avoid ever having had to program one of those little beasts. The documentation was minimalist. Not even a sample setpoint profile, if I recall. My one tip on programming any setpoint programmer: I enter the program in time base (using 1 minute per segment, not hours) as opposed to rate (deg/min) because then I can run the sample program and watch it change segments on one minute intervals to make sure that sequence, for instance, ramp up to X, soak, ramp up to Y, soak, ramp down to Z, end; is correct. Then I'll go back and insert the proper time values for each segment. Edited by DanW

Hope this helps Rodney http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=honeywell%20dcp%20100&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lesman.com%2Funleashd%2Fcatalog%2Fcontrol%2FHoneywell-DCP100%2Fen1i6174.pdf&ei=-n_uUPuNJY-q0AWx7ICwCQ&usg=AFQjCNGibJLXJFn0Qe2bsRIuW1ZbrOCNIg

Have you tried the manuals listed on Honeywell's site?

Matt, I don't know how stuck you are with that DCP100, but you might consider losing it and getting a DCP200. I've got a DCP200 on the desk here, and its wizard does a great job of stepping through the control portion of the setup. The setpoint profiles setup is not part of the wizard, but that part is very laid out and quite understandable. The LCD screen with real words helps enormously, as opposed to cryptic codes and characters. Dan

I got lucky, one of the maintenance guys that's been here for over 35 years ended up knowing how to program this POS. Thing that makes me mad is have the stuff you need to know how to program this dang thing is no where in any of the literature that I found online or that the factory sent me direct. I will be changing this over to a Watlow asap. Thanks to all for your help.