Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cccsrv

PV300 Micro Error 208

5 posts in this topic

I have a PV300 Micro that was originally coupled to a MicroLogix 1100 and now fails to communicate with either the PLC or my PC through RSLinx. I have tried a new comms cable to confirm that it is not the problem. I also checked the display setup through the front end keypad and checked my RSLinx setup. I am getting a flashing comms icon in the display configuration mode, but at times when I try to enter the config mode I get a popup screen that shows "error 208, cannot write to remote device". Any ideas?

Please tell the forum the complete catalog number of your PV and the catalog number of the cable you are using. Does your PC have a real serial port or are you using a USB to serial adapter or other device, if other what? Also what driver in RSLinx are you using? Edited by Mickey

The Panel View 300 Micro is a catalog number 2711-M3A 18L1, series A, rev F. The cable between the display and PC is a catalog number 1761-CBL-PM02, series C. My PC doesn't have a true serial port so I am using a USB to serial adapter. I realize that AB software doesn't like this setup very well and I have had it drop communications on other devices (including other PV300s), but I would have expected to at least established comms with it. The driver I'm using is AB_DF1 DH485, and the device is SLC-CHO/Micro/PanelView and the comms config is 9600 baud rate, no parity, 1 stop bit, station number 00, CRC error checking, full duplex protocol

Your PV supports DF1 protocol so the driver and cable should work. What happens when you click "AutoConfigure"? Default for a ML1100 plc's serial port is 19200 baud rate. Although the default for the PV is 9600. The most recommented USB to serial adapter is the "Keyspan" http://www.tripplite...txtModelID=3914 Or see link below. http://www.ind-conce..._PLC_Cables.htm Edited by Mickey