Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JCURIELG

CONTROLLER LINK

18 posts in this topic

JAY, I'M TRYING TO MAKE A NETWORK USING CONTROLLER LINKS STUFF. I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IT. I HAVE A CQM1H-CPU51 AND A C200HE-CPU42, I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE'S POSSIBLE TO MONITOR BOTH PLC'S FROM A LAPTOP USING ONE OF THE RS232 PORT OF ONE OF THE PLC'S. THE THING IS THAT I DON'T HAVE A CONTROLLER CARD FOR THE COMPUTER. EVEN IF THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY COULD YOU SENT ME AN EXAMPLE ON HOW TO CONFIGURE A CONTROLLER LINK NETWORK? THANKS, JORGE SANTO DOMINGO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Yes Jorge, that's possible. We do it all the time. Because the PC cards are only available in PCI, Still searching for some kind of solution using a PCMCIA card or USB. Do you have CX-programmer ? Then put both programs in one CXP file, (as a tree). Connect with your RS232 cable to the Peripheral port. Set the network type of the PLC you're connecting to on Toolbus. Now at the settings of the other PLC you want to bridge to, the name of the PLC you're bridging through appears in the list, between brackets E.G. [NewPLC1]. Select this one. Now open the network type settings, and enter at FINS destination adress the node number of the controller link card of this PLC. That's about it, now if you are online with the PLC you're bridging with, you should be able to connect to the other PLC simultaneously. Good luck ! Edited by PdL

PDL, I DON´T UNDERSTAND THE TERM (Then put both programs in one CXP file, (as a tree). COULD YOU EXPLAIN ME WHAT THAT MEANS? JORGE

Open two copies of CX programmer, each with a seperate PLC. Copy the PLC from one copy of CX Programmer and paste it into the Project Workspace in the other copy of CX Programmer. There is no limit to the number of PLCs that can be placed in a single CX Programmer project.

Couldn't explain it better

he he he clk21 controller link PCI card-fins gateway v3-Microsoft Visual Basic can i combine it in an application? - clk21 is an interface to ControllerLink Network - FINS GatewayV3 is data link table creator - & MS VB is Aplication User Interface (Monitoring&controlling) without MS-C??? is it possible??? hiks... mabey you have any presentation about configuring a controller link network thx boss

Don't think you can interface VB directly with FinsGateway. You should have a look at Compolet. http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/Compo...polet/index.asp

sorry not logged on emmm. CS1G-H cpu64 CLK21 3G8F5-CLK21-Ev when i make an sample aplication to open and close driver&network, with microsoft visual c++ 6.0. there is an error occur fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'clkmsc.h': No such file or directory Error executing cl.exe i think there is a option setiing at menu: tool->option->Directories TAB, i have added clk library C:\PROGRAM FILES\OMRON\CONTROLLER LINK\LIB it is installed library from C-LIB on CLK support software but the same error still occure. at the operation manual CLK support board w307, section 4-2 File name: CLKMSC.LIB Contents: Library file for MS-C (Microsoft C) Ver 7.0. but my microsoft visual C++ version is 6.0 form MSC++ enterprise edition installer hiks hiks . some body help me? thx

who have w227 FINS Command reference manual? hiks, i need it , thx b4

Here ya go: W227-E1-02 FINS Commands Reference Manual @ MrPLC.com

problem: i've built a controller link network: baud: 2Mbps polled node: 1 no. node: 4 (1 computer with CLK21 PCI board and 3 CS1 series) total no. bytes: 65word or 130bytes using 20metres long belden standard cable how can i calculate the thoroughput: actual speed of data transfer or other parameter (please give me more parameter if there are other ones) on section 8 (communication timing) w309... there is comm. cycle time... could this paramater being one of thoroughput paramaters??? i have only 12 hours to cover this problem :( thx alot regard

What do you mean with "throughput" ? I/O response time ? In your case, comms cycle time would be 10 × A + 600 × B + 290 × C + 320 × D + 4 × E + 3.290 (?s) 10 × 65 + 600 × 4 + 290 × 4 + 320 × 0 + 4 × 0 + 3.290 (?s) 650 + 2400 + 1160 + 0 + 0 = 4210?s = 0.00421ms You are definitely on the safe side with this, as the PCI card does not participate in the data link but I think excluding it in the calculation will give you a cycle time which will be under the actual one. Actual speed... still 2Mbps right ?

thx PdL other problem: refer to w309 sec8-4 i can't find how to get value for this paramater so i can calculate "Total (max. transmission delay)": - Link servicing interval (source node) - Link servicing interval (destination node) thanks alot

Well how about that.... W340 right under your nose on MrPLC But if your PLC is set to normal execution in settings, (synchronous), you can simply take the execution cycle. Transmission delay is only applicable when using messaging services SEND/RECV.Are you using these or are you using a datalink ?

Hello. Am I going the right way? 1.Then put... - it's clear 2. Connect... - ok Further - questions))) 3. Set the network type... i.e. double click on the icon of plc in the project tree, further in the window called "change plc" i set the "network type" to toolbus. 4. Now at the settings of the other PLC... - i can't find "the name of the PLC you're bridging through" in the any setting of the "target" plc. Maybe i look in the wrong place? Thanks. Edited by aargrh

Hope this helps!
1 person likes this

Thanks for detailed answer. Looks like i make it correct, but even so, name of plc i connect directly don't appears in setting of "target plc". Maybe my plc's to old for this method of connection. As direct plc i have cqm1 cpu43 and remote - c200hg cpu43.

I think you are correct, bridge connection seems not supported by CQM1 series. CQM1H series and C200H do support bridging.