Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sokhanh

Help me with c200h-lk201

37 posts in this topic

Please help me!! I have a PLC system C200H, CPU21 connect to a PC running monitor software by hostlink c200h-lk201-v1. Last week, the cpu couldn't power on, so I have replaced with a new CPU. Then the PLC cannot connect to Pc. On the CPU, led "run" is green. On the hostlink, only led "run" is green, the RCV is off although the PC still sending request. I have tried with an c200h-lk201-v1 but everything is the same. Could anyone help me how to check and slove this problem? Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum! What Software are you running to Communicate with the PLC? When you say you replaced the CPU, are you talking about the PLC or the PC? Stu....

Thank you for your reoly! The Software is a monitor software that read the Input of PLC then show to the screen, I already tried to connect Cx-programer to this PLC but cannot I replaced the CPU of the PLC, keeping the ROM-MR433

Check the DIP Switch Settings on your old PLC CPU and the new one. I couldn't find a CPU21 for the C200H, did you quote the full CPU Part Number? Stu.....

This is C200h-CPU21-E2 LOT No: 0683 I cannot find any DIP switch on this CPU Edited by sokhanh

The DIP switches are on the Host Link Unit. C Series Host Link Units

Thank you! The dip witches in the host link are correct but still not connect. I have replaced c200h-lk201-v1 by c200h-lk201 and everything is the same. By the way, can you tell me the different between lk201-V1 and lk201 ?

The DIP switch front are 0;0;5;2 back are off;off;on;off;0v Please help me!

By the way, Can i connect directly to CPU programming console port by CX-programmer? If possible, which cable I have to use? Thank you!

The manual in the link I posted above describes these functions. SW1 = 0 and SW2 = 0 This means the Host Link Unit Number is 00. This is a node address. If this is a 1 to 1 connection between the PC and the PLC then this is probably correct but not guaranteed. SW3 = 5 Baud rate is set at 9,600bps. SW4 = 2 More serial parameters, ASCII 7 bit, 2 stop bits. This is common Omron serial settings. Also the command level is set for a custom application for full read and write. Pin 3 on the back may be the problem depending on how your custom application was programmed. It determines if addressing is required in the event of a muli-link system. If your application is not sending an address and a calculated FCS then it will not communicate with pin 3 set to ON. Try turning if OFF. For communications with CX Programmer, you should be able to use the same cable that is currently connected to you custom application. It's on page 9 in the manual. As far as using the peripheral port... I'm not sure. If it were a C200HS or HX, I was say yes. I'm not familiar with the C200H CPU21. Be careful what you plug into it. I have blown internal circuit board fuses on some of the older C200H's by trying to use that port. On the older ones, it was only intended for the hand held programmer. Edited by IO_Rack

I did an internet search for your PLC. Here is the C200H CPU21 Installation Guide. It is a pre-Alpha series. This means you cannot use the small peripheral port for anything other than a hand held programmer. The long port at the bottom is for a 3G2A6-LK201. This is basically the same as the rack mounted unit you have. The rack mounted LK201 should NOT be mounted in either of the two slots to the left of the CPU or on a remote rack.

Thank you for your explaination, I have tried with pin 3 on the back OFF but still cannot conect. ( only "run" led on the host link light) I also monitor output of the program by connect to an other computer through rs232, hiperterminal and see that the program still sending " @00RR100002043*" ms, one per second. Is there any control from the CPU 21 that make LK201 cannot recive anything? Edited by sokhanh

With the information you have provided, there is no way for us to tell. One thing to be aware of, is Omron CXProgrammer doesn't save the Data Tables (i.e. DM) when you save the PLC Program. So, if there was Data required for Instructions to service the Monitor Software Communications Requests (i.e. PCMR), that Data will have to be reentered into the appropriate locations. Stu.....

The RCV light should blink every time your PC sends that string even if the PLC is not responding. If it is not blinking then you have a bad connection. You should verify the cable. The string, " @00RR100002043*" appears to be missing a character. This is the PC attempting to read IR memory from the PLC.

I will check the cable one more time!' Thank you!

I have checked the cable carefullly, the cable should be ok. Is there any configuration on the EEROM of CPU21 that make the hostlink cannot receive anything? Can I move the host link to other slot of BB? Thank you!

Yes, as long as it is NOT in the first two slots immediately to the left of the CPU. Edited by IO_Rack

One of the other old school guys will have to answer this one. What is the part number of your back plane? The ones I'm testing with right now are C200H-LK201 and C200H-BC081. Neither of them are V1's. This may or may not be an issue if they are mismatched... I don't know. I would still think you should see the RCV light.
1 person likes this

The BP :c200h-bc081-v1, LOT No:2563 Units mounted: |NA|ID217|ID217|ID217|ID217|ID217|OC224|Lk201-v1|CPU21(C200h-ME832 EERom) EX: |OC224|OC224|OC224|OC224|OC224|OC224|OC224|Lk201|PS221 The cable: (running for long time) Lk201 Computer 2------------2 3------------3 (4-5 ) . . (7-8) 7------------5 (6-8-20) . . (1-4-6) There's no RCV light Thank you so much for your kindly help! Edited by sokhanh

I also tried with this cable LK201 Coputer 2------------2 3------------3 7------------5 (4-5). .(4-6)(7-8). But there's still no RCV light Please help me!

As IO_Rack allready said: The rack mounted LK201 should NOT be mounted in either of the two slots to the left of the CPU or on a remote rack. And you put it on the first spot left of the CPU. Try to put il elsewhere

I did notice that both of his modules are in the restricted slots. After revisiting this I found conflicting information in the manuals. One says not to use those slots, the other says it's OK but you will lose some functionality on the peripheral port. I don't know. I did try mine on the slot next to the PLC (7ch) and it worked OK. In any case, look here: I would continue the troubleshooting with CX Programmer although you said you get the information from your HMI to Hyperterminal. Remove all the modules from the rack and try the Host Link in another slot. Maybe the backplane is bad. The PLC configuration does not matter. All the configuration is done with the LK201 switches. Do you have lights on the other I/O modules? Maybe the PLC power supply is bad. Check that you have 24 VDC at the 24VDC OUTPUT terminals. Check the RUN OUTPUT terminals when the PLC RUN light is on. You'll need to tell us in more detail what you have done.

The restriction is strictly mechanical. There were CPU mounted peripherals that hang over the closest slots next to the CPU. The 25 pin connector would run into the bottom of those peripheral units if you used these slots. No electrical or logical restriction for using these slots with C200H-LK201.

Yes - if in those slots you required at least a BP001 but I always carry a BP002 - it is higher. The same physical issues occur with high density cards with cables coming out the top.

Jay and Bob, Thanks for the feedback! I'm smacking myself in the forehead right now because I'm well aware of the interference issue and the use of the PRO CON BASE units (BP001 and BP002). I just didn't relate the issue when reading the manual.