Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calex

CJ1M-NS 2-wire connectivity question

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, Is there any way to connect 1 (one) CJ1M-CPU13 with 2 (two) HMI NS-15TX using a 2-wire cable? Thank you in advance for your help.

Read section 2 of the NS Setup Manual (V083). NS Setup Manual Edited by Mendon Systems

Thank you for the response. Copy from manual: NS-series RS-485 (two-wire) communications are used to connect to an OMRON Temperature Controller. The NS-AL002 cannot be used with the NT-series PTs or PLCs. Always use RS-422A (four-wire). There is no other way i can use a 2-wire cable?

As far as I know the only way to connect multiple NS terminals to one host is RS-485 which requires a four wire cable.

actually you could connect to an NS panel using just two wires, but as Mendon System pointed, Omron requests 4-wire connection for communication. I did set up systems in the past with two wires communication with NS attached ranging from 1 to 7, and I found that communication could still be achieved without problems for up to 5 panels connected. Above this number, disconnections were the norm. But again, if you want to play regular, just follow Omron advise, and you'll be fine. Edited by CX_Luigi