Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockhound1966

quickpanel with quickdesigner to new qp with proficyview

7 posts in this topic

I have a machine that has the old TotalControlProducts Quick Panel in it. This are no longer sold or supported since GE bought the TCP line. So the new GE Quickpanel replacement does not directly replace the old. Had to also get the GE Proficy software. I have set down and got a good grasp on this and have since created a new project for this new QP HMI. The address for the I/O in the old quickdesigner panel used such addresses as: IR50:B1, IR60:B4, HR0:B1, IR100:B10 ..... and so on. This caused nothing but errors in the new Proficy View. I did figure out that the "B's" after the colon were not liked so much by the software. Ok, i got rid of all my errors and was able to validate and download this into my new GE Quickpanel. I believe i have everything setup properly in the Project to go to the Omron cqm1-cpu41 plc unit but when I tried to check out the operation I was showing the ? marks on the hmi as if the address were either no good or i do not have proper communication setup. I know i may need to give a little more info here so please let me know what i need to let you know to help me. I have been doing plc work for over 20 years. I know i am be missing something simple. Do i need to change the hmi addresses to something a little different. I noticed that the plc program list things like r0050.1 before i go through and change all of that again want to know which way i need to look. Thanks for any help here in advance. Rockhound 1966 . not dumb as one just hard headed as one.

If you have the .prj file from the old HMI, you can import it into the new Proficy ME View software and PME will convert everything for you. Anyway all except "Passwords" and "Panel Triggers". I would suggest that you do this if you can, if for no other reason to get the address syntax correct. Sorry but I am not familiar with Omron. Which driver in the new HMI are you using? There will be a "Help" button in the configuration of it that should point you to the proper syntax. Also if you have the .prj file post it here or email it to me and I will try to find time to convert it for you. I am using Proficy ME version 7.0. Edited by RussB

Ok ty just got a min for now will try the import thing first. One of those days here. Will do more later. Thank You, Rockhound1966

Begin by opening a project with the Old (TCP) style as your target. From there you can "Import" the .prj. Once imported you convert the project by changing the property (Inspector Window) of the Target called "Model" to the new style QuickPanel View. HTH

oldbox110212.prjOK i have tried importing one way then tried the last way suggested to import. Both ways i was able to import the old quickdesign project and then PME(version 7) converted it to the new quickpanel view version. Either way i end up with all kinds of errors mostly error 4380: invalid address. With the inspector screen under variable going to the I/O address to be changed. One way converted the address to what i origionally put in my build version from what i read in the old project file. The other conversion generated different I/O addresses but still not able to be validated. What I had changed to in my original build was able to validate. I know with RS plc software some address can be written as b3:0.0 which is like b3:0/0. The way i had redone my address as stated are IR50:0 the omron plc has this address as R0050.0. I will include a copy of the original project from QD 3.7 with this post. The comm link driver i am using is the only real choice i have which is (OMRON HOST LINK). I do appreciate the help here so far. CAS

Somebody has the software to see the templates of TotalControl Products Quickpanel??...i´ve been searching this software but i´´ve not found it....somebody told me the software is called quickdesigner, i just want to see what register and I/O numbers use the application. thank´s regards

You can purchase it, here is where to start: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US