Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

PanelView 1400e LCD Conversion

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I read on the Rockwell software site that you can fit a LCD screen to a Panelview 1400e. I've found a few far east websites selling conversion kits. Has anyone tried these and had any success? Cheers, Colin

Can you post a link to where you read this?

Rockwell Automation themselves sold conversion kits like that, but it was over 10 years ago. At this point the rest of the PanelView 1400e hardware is getting old enough (not to mention the software to support it) that you're probably better off planning a migration to PanelView Plus or another platform. My customers who considered the flatscreen conversion chose to run the existing terminals to failure. The terminals now have a permanent cardboard sun-shield because they're nearly impossible to read, but they keep on refusing to fail !

I'm still waiting to hear back from a Rockwell rep regarding this but I might go and get one of these kits and have a bash on an old one. Web site supplying kits pv1400e options.pdf

We are in the process of doing this, but as a short term solution I thought it might get us out of a bind.

Just to let anyone who is interested in this topic know. I received a conversion kit for a PV1400 today. It was a dawdle to fit and the screen looks 10 times better than any CRT. Well worth the 500 euros.