Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scada_vn

How create global objects for many devices (GT Designer 3)

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, Have you ever done global objects for many devices in GT designer 3? ex: I just have one popup screen for my projects, but I just want to use this popup for many devices as Pumps, Analog,. In popup screen is used tags indirect It is inconvenience to create many popup for many devices on this application. Pls give me your idea on this Thanks BR

I've used the "offset" feature for this type of thing. On one of your objects, open up properties and go to the Extended tab. You can set up an addressing offset register that can be a PLC or screen device. The offset works just like indexing in the Mitsubishi PLCs. For example say you set up the offset on a momentary pushbutton with address M100. The offset address is D100. If D100 = 37, then touching the pushbutton operates M137 (i.e. M[100+37] ). Offset works for bits and data registers. What I've done is create a manual valve control popup, with an offset set up on all the devices on the screen. The offset device was GD100, which is a register on the HMI itself. Then on the screen that calls the popup, I created a multifunction button that opened the popup and set GD100 to what offset value I needed for the valve that the user touched. Note that this requires that my valve controls be set up consistently. For example, each valve has a range of 10bits that control manual/auto, on, off, etc. My popup uses bits M700-M709. If I want valve 1, I set GD100 to 0 (for M700-M709). If I want valve 2, I set GD100 to 10 (for M710-M719). If I want valve 3, I set GD100 to 20 (M720-M729). And so on and so forth.

Dear JRoss, This is great point on this case. Thanks so much your great skill to resolve on this BR

Hello everyone

Is it possible to use this multiplexing function (Offset) connecting a GOT2000 to my drives directly? I ask cause  my drive's Faceplate  uses I/O  like X0001, Does anyone have any idea of how to implement it that way?

Thank you in advance.