Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_MIKE31

On Line Editing

4 posts in this topic

HI what PLC ( SLC AND MICROLOGIX ) THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DO ON LINE EDITING THANKS MIKE31

Hello, There are no Micrologix that you are able to make online program edits to and in the SLC world you must use a 503 or higher to have online programming ability. Hope that this helps. Robert

The MicroLogix, for better or for worse, are built on a processor and firmware platform very similar to the SLC-5/02, which does not support online editing. Jiri Toman in another thread posited a great analysis of how the nonvolatile memory feature of the MicroLogix 1000 prevents it from easily supporting online editing. I think we'll probably see a "MicroLogix 5000" type product for the Micro1500's I/O platform, which will run the ControlLogix execution engine. After all, there's already a "Pak-OC" embedded PC for that hardware platform. Maybe we'll see tiny ControlLogix-type controllers with fixed I/O too. But for the time being, the minimum A-B controller that supports online editing is the 8k version of the SLC-5/03 controller, part number 1747-L531.