Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigredram87

Change outputs on PLC program

6 posts in this topic

plc.pdfHI, I have barely any experience programming plc's my usual experience is just taking new programs and updating are current plc's. I have attached a pdf of a program that I must modify. I was hoping for some help The Program right now uses outputs 0:0/3 and 0:0/4 to control a solenoid. The short story is a tech screwed up and these 2 outputs are now bad. I have plenty of new out puts so I moved these leads to 0:2/02 and 0:2/03 . Thanks for any help I am reading some tutorials now to help Edited by bigredram87

Using RSLogix, you can search for and replace all occurrences of each old address with the new one. You can optionally copy or move the description at the same time (in RSLogix, hit the CTRL + H keys) If you do this offline, you can search and replace all occurrences of each address in one fell swoop. Once the addresses are corrected, download the file, switch to run mode and away you go. If you need to do this online (with a known, current, working copy of the program), you can still use the Find feature to locate them, and manually change them one by one. Note that you have zeros for the lead character in your addresses, these should be the letter 'o'. Edited by OkiePC

Great thanks

And I'm assuming if all i did is move a lead to a different output all I would need to change is the output location? The timers and everything would stay the same? Basically Replace all O:0/3 with O:2/03 and I should be good

Yes, only the affected output addresses need to be changed. Edited by OkiePC

this is an old thread, but i thought this would be worth mentioning... on the last ladder line of file 2, just add XIC O:0/3 OTE 0:2/03 ....its not the cleanest, but it works