Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dupj

Synchronize Clock

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I have a CJM1-CPU12 with a CJ1W-ETN11 and I want to synchronize automatically the PLC clock with a computer locate in the shop. I don't want to always connect online with the PLC and go at the PLC Clock screen and push the Synchronize button at the middle of this screen. Thank you.

Have a look in the IO table settings for the ETN11. Not sure if the ETN11 supports too, but the ETN21 supports setting up a NTP server to sync clocks. *Had a quick look in the manual, seems this is only supported by ETN21 ...

If in the same segment not a problem but if the server is in another address segment PITA! Still going through it - level 3 switch - PITA to set up - the other side also needs to know you are there or it will not work. 'Still getting the other side guys to try to understand - difficult as I only half understand.

Do you have any other software on the shop PC? I am sure we could do something with a simple custom application using PMCR's ActiveX if not.. Bob, do you not just sync with the master Citect PC?

It's a Windows XP computer and I have CX-One version 4.03 installed on this one. Tell me what software to install and I will find it.

I wonder if you could run CX-Designer in simulator mode & sync the clocks that way Would have to test to be sure. CX-Supervsor would work, but you would need a license to run it. Advanced HMI may be able to do it as well, but you will need to install SQL express etc, maybe a bit too much for something so simple. I am surprised Omron does not have one, I may see if I can tinker with a dotnet application to do it. Would require some simple code in the PLC as well though, are DM800-DM899 free?

Attached is a very basic application that utilises PMCR's ActiveX. You will have to install that first, then modify the 'CSCJActiveX.Ini' file to suit your IP Address & maybe FINS Settings. Once you have done this, then run the ClockSyncSetup.exe file. You may need dotnet client depending on what you PC has. This has been testing only on a CP1L with CIF41, nothing else. It does not require any modifications to the PLC structure. At the moment, the sync must be done manually via the button. This could possibly be changed in future to sync at a certain time, but lets see if you can get that working first. This is not an Omron product, so do not consult them for support as they will be completely unaware. I should of asked earlier, but why the need to be always syncing the PLC clock? OmronCSCJCP ClockSync.zip