Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Fillmore

RSLOgix500 V20.01 locks up randomly

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else had this problem. Here's one screen shot (sorry - cell phone pic) Edited by James Fillmore

It's happened to me a few times when the Axis Properties panel is open. Other than that is has been stable.

Happened, as shown in the above picture, while editing a rung comment. I just installed about a week ago on a brand new Dell laptop. Win7 32bit. Happens nearly every time I use the program. 1/2 the time it saves a copy of the program with my recent edits. Can't just be me. Now the other guys in the office don't want to upgrade. Can't say I blame them.

RxRung.cpp sounds specific to the rung comment editor, and an installation where this happens "nearly every time" is pure gold from a troubleshooting perspective. I've been using RSLogix 5000 v20 since it was released, and have never seen that error. I run VMWare Workstation and Windows XPSP3 for all my RSLogix 5000 machines. Is there anything else interesting about your software environment; unusual input method editors, fonts, or a lot of copy/paste action ?

James - looks like Ken is giving you some on point advice. I'll give you a little off point. Windows Screen Shots can be made quickly by using the Control & Print SCRN Keys at the the same time and then opening PAINT and doing a paste. It's crude but it works. For a better option check out TechSmith SnagIt, was still freeware last I looked and does nice screen shots also.