Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Turkey Slayer

Using webbrowser control in FTView SE Network

1 post in this topic

I have a bit of a situation. Right now I have a FTView SE network setup. One server, three clients (soon to be four). There are a few devices on the Ethernet network that have their own web servers, and I've set up a basic screen template with a web browser window. I have several buttons set up with macros and parameters that load a different URL into the browser window depending on the button clicked. Now, I have seen a choice of two different webbrowser activex controls. I'm able to use Microsoft's with success but the problem is the control only seems to work when I load up a client on the development machine (64-bit server running Windows Server 2008 R2). I suspect this is because the development machine is using Internet Explorer 9 and my client PCs are running Windows XP (which can only upgrade to IE 8). I looked up some things and changed a registry entry to run it in compatibility mode with IE 7, but that didn't make a difference. On my client machines they all had a diagonal hash pattern instead of the control (signifying the control is not present on that PC), no matter what I did. So, I switched to the RSView32 Webbrowser control. That's what it's currently set to, but the problem is it only works on one of my client PCs, probably because I have FTView Studio installed on it and the others only have FTView SE Client (and I don't want to install more than I have to). I tried copying the Webbrowser.ocx file from my PC to another client PC, setting it up in the same directory, and registering it with regsvr32, but that didn't make a difference either. I can't find a thing about this particular situation anywhere on Google or the Rockwell knowledge base. Anybody got any ideas?
1 person likes this