Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stygate

TSX Micro

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and an amateur plc programmer (some mitsubishi and bespoke stuff). I have a Modicon TSX Micro running a program to operate a small animal feed mill and have a requirement to change/modify the program. I have no software but am prepared to buy what ever is required to carry out the task. Unfortunately the installation company no longer exists so I have no way of getting it changed and would like to have a go myself anyway. I have the following harware installed: TSX Micro, 2 x TSXDMZ64DTK I/O modules, 1 x TeSys LU9GC3 What do I need (in addition to the PL7 software) to do the re-programming and upload it to the plc ? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Hi mate, I use a TSXCUSB485 coverter and a TSXCRJMD25 cable. I think the USB driver is in with the PL7 software, other than that it should be pretty straight forward Cheers

Thanks Sparky So with these two pieces of kit and the PL7 software I should be able to connect to the plc, download the existing program to PL7, modify the program and then upload it to the plc to run the modified program ?. Have I got this right ? Thanks again

Yes that should be fine. Your only problem will be that you wont have any symbol names in the program. You must have the original copy of the software openened before uploading from the plc, otherwise you get no symbol names. Hopefully they put some comments in the program sections.

Thanks Sparky, I have been off the job for a couple of weeks so apologies for not replying. I have the bits order so will see how I get on