Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob A.

Hardy Scale Config (HI4050)

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, The Hardy 4050 is a decent front end scale for ControlLogix over EtherNet/IP but it requires a Generic Module configuration. I had one working about 2 months ago, but now nothing works. Anyone using the 4050 in ControlLogix with floating point data ? If so, Please compare my numbers. In ControlLogix, the data type is Data :Real and the Instances are Input 110, Output 112, Config 150 with the Sizes being 5,5, &0. In the scale, it is 110,112, 150 with 20,20,0 for the byte sizes. This worked before, but refuses to work now. The guy at that factory said it worked as well for him, But after a dozen attempts, I'm at a loss for further ideas. Regards, Bob A.

Is it rebooting? I am not familiar with that model, but I had a HI1769-WS get stuck in a reboot cycle due to static discharge. The only way to tell was to monitor an internal counter which corresponded to the number of analog to digital conversions. If your model has that counter, check to see if it freezes for several seconds at a time.

Hi Guys: A followup...The Input Instance is 100 not 110. Some of my notes got lost and my memory got corrupted. These scales are doing an awesome job! Bob A.