Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emach

Trouble linking PV 100 Plus to Compact Logix L32

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I've struggle to get my PV 1000 to talk to a Compact Logix L32E on Ethernet IP. I can see the PLC and PV via RS Linx and have setup the shortcut in Factory Talk View Studio to point the PV to the PLC. However, when I download to the PV I get "CIP connection (0) opened on route CompactLogix in slot 0 of the chassis at 192.168.20" and "Problem writing value '0' to item [sSOR4]B3[1]7]" Any suggestions? FYI first time PV plus and compact logix user... Cheers, Emach

When you set up the link to the CompactLogix you may have stopped at just the Ethernet port. Under that you have to open to the backplane then open that to the Compactlogix System. That is the the actual CPU.

Ok I double checked, it is pointing at the processor. See attached.

And 'B3[1]7]' is an actual tag within your system (looks a bit odd) - note, you can't use indirection. Are you sure it isn't B3[17]? Edited by b_carlton

I'm looking to point to B3[1].17 good catch. Fixed that and when i went to redownload apparently I angered the RS Linx gods. Need to reboot and try again.

Is 'B3' a DINT? If it is only an INT then there isn't a '.17' Edited by b_carlton

Also, even though your examination of the shortcut on the runtime tab appears fine, go ahead and click on it in the pane, and hit apply again.

When you download to the PV, are you checking the "Replace Communications" box so that the communication changes you are making are being implemented? You said the first error was a CIP connection error, which means the PV+ can't see the PLC at all.
1 person likes this