Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

A-B HMI programming software question

11 posts in this topic

What software do I use to program this terminal: 2711-T6M5A I cannot find this exact part number on the A-B site, but that is what is shown on the HMI. Thanks

Is the number possibly 2711P-T6M5A? That is a monochrome Panelview Plus terminal which would use Factorytalk Studio Edited by b_carlton

And here is a link to the manual for you. http://literature.ro...um001_-en-p.pdf Edited by Mickey

Thanks, looks like it's FactoryTalk, hoping it was PanelBuilder32 which I already have.

The 2711 uses PanelBuilder32 (software part# 2711-ND3). Edited by newpageboba

Now I'm confused. I think that part number (2711-ND3) is PanelBuilder32, which I have, but there is no selection for that terminal number, 2711-T6M5A

The simple question is "is it gray or black" ? The older PanelView Standard terminals that use PanelBuilder32 software have black bezels and logic module cases. The newer PanelView Plus terminals that use FactoryTalk View Studio have gray bezels and logic module cases. The confusion is that "M".... that would indicate Monochrome, but the 6 inch PanelView Standards were all Color. There's got to be a letter or a number missing somewhere.

I don't know, I haven't got it in my hands yet, I am being given that number and just trying to get my ducks in a row before I get it. It does seem to be an incorrect # or missing something, I will look into it further. Thanks everyone for the quick response.

If I were a betting man, I'd say this is a PanelView Plus 600 and the part number is just missing a "2711P". The presence of the "M", designating a grayscale terminal, matches with the existence of a PanelView Plus 600 Grayscale terminal. All the PanelView Standard 600's were Color. The presence of the "A", designating AC power, matches with the A= AC, D=DC suffix on the PanelView Plus terminals. The older terminals had no suffix or "L1" to mean "DC".

And from the manual I posted above.

If the actual part number is 2711P-T65MA, then you need FactoryTalk View Studio ME (Machine Edition). There are a ton of editions and licensing schemes of FactoryTalk View, each one for a different specific situation. This was incredibly confusing for us when we first switched over, so here's the run-down: FactoryTalk View Studio ME -- This is the development software for Panelview Plus terminals (it replaced Panelbuilder 32) FactoryTalk View Studio SE -- This is the development software for PC-based HMI and SCADA applications (it replaced RSView32) FactoryTalk View ME Runtime -- This is the runtime for applications created in Studio ME. It can be used on a PC, but this is included with Panelview Plus terminals (they are essentially Windows CE machines that run FTView ME as a front-end) FactoryTalk View SE Station -- This is the runtime for applications created in Studio SE in the Local mode. You buy this license if you have a single, stand-alone PC running an SE application. FactoryTalk View SE Server -- This is a license you buy if you created a Studio SE application in Network mode. This is one component you have to buy when you have a single HMI server distributing screens to several Client machines. You can also have multiple HMI servers on a single physical server. FactoryTalk View SE Client -- This is the license you buy for the individual client machines in a Studio SE Network application. Finally, if you ever run into a "Panelview Component" terminal (bulletin 2711C), these do not require you to purchase new software. You can use either a program called Connected Components Workbench (which is free), or they can be programmed by connecting to them via a web browser with Microsoft Silverlight (which is a free flash-like plugin). Edited by The Turkey Slayer
1 person likes this