Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_rajsiyer

Mitsubishi FX2-32 RS422 comm

4 posts in this topic

Hi folks.. I’ve a problem. There’s a Mitsubishi FX2-32 and its hand held programmer with us. When linked together, they communicate fine. Only that the HHP screens are in Japanese. Since I’ve also got Medoc v 2.3(DOS) I’ve tried to link the RS-422 port on the FX2 -32 with the pc using a MOXA /ADAM converter (Typ. ADAM 4520) using the RXD+, RXD -, TXD+ and TXD- (pins that are 2,15, 3 and16 on the 25-pin port connnector of the PLC). I have tried innumerable combinations of baud-rate, parity and data bits so that communication may be established. Nothing works. So.. would somebody help me out with this. At least how could it be known at what comm.. settings parameters, the Hand held programmer talks. Thanks a million.. Raj

You can easily solved your problem by using the SC-09 cables that is used for communication between PC and the fx2n

You have to be more precise with your PLC type. FX2 ????? do you mean F2 or FX2n There is a world of difference. But - you saying all you have is a hand held programmer I would be swayed towards the F2 (I know there is an fx20p hand held for the fx range) If its the F2, then this is an old PLC and I have forgotten the name of the leads needed (been that long ago)

It does sound like you mean an old F2 not an FX2N. I've never used one nor do I have any info but Medoc offers a default for this plc as 19200, 8, E, 1. I would imagine that's correct. If you are trying to connect via your own cable setup, there are a few pitfalls that could be hitting you. For instance, the latest RS485-BD boards from Mitsubishi seem to have the A (-) & B (+) terminals mixed up. Put a meter across an A-B pair when everything is at idle. With your meter's red lead on A and the black lead on B, you should get a negative reading. You won't. ;) Maybe the F2 has similar problems. Don't know. Another problem could be the convertor you are using. Is it expecting power to be supplied from the PC or the PLC or both or its own separate supply? You should be able to get the original manuals from Mitsubishi. You are far better off getting the proper Mitsubishi cable and moving on from there. Jim Rowell