Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob5029

Programing cable & software for a FX2-64MR

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to replace a FX2-64MR PLC (photo attached) that is handling some interlocks on a power supply, I have a print of the program from 15 years ago but i need to download the program from the PLC to ensure that it hant been changed. Can anyone tell me what the pin connections are to make a programming lead? It has the 25way d type connector on the front. Also I have the software for programming a FX2N PLC, which has the round programming port, I'm assuming that i can use the same software for the FX2? Many thanks Rob.

cable - SC09,software- GX DEVELOPER

Or GX Works2. The programming port is RS422, so there are electronics in the cable to convert RS232 on your PC to RS422 for the PLC. So it's not one of those cables you can solder up quickly.

I was afraid that might be the case! there seems to be some cheap ones on ebay from china, any one have experience of these? I only need it for a one shot download then the PLC is being removed. I have the GX DEVELOPER software from a previose job with a FX2N, but I rarley encounter Mitsubishi PLCs. Many thanks Rob.

I would not use a China product for this, the converter inside the SC-09 converts from RS232 to RS422.

At least on my version of GX developer, the FX2 is not a supported plc. You may need to find a copy of Medoc for this.

I found a cable on amazon for £20, and used the demo version of GX developer from the downloads area of this forum http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=526 Worked a treat!

Every version of GX Developer supports the FX2.

I think people miss it because it comes under FXU/FX2C

My GX Developer shows FX2N( C ) Edited by Rodney

Mine does have an option for fxu/fx2c, I guess it's been too many years since I've seen an FX2 to have remembered that that was the right choice.