Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stm62

Funuc 90-30

8 posts in this topic

I am working on a system that is equipped with a 90-30 the battery was removed .. long ago .. no record of the program. We hired a GE authorized service tech to come in and look at the system and as I thought the program is compleatly gone. We purchaced this unit used .. the company that built it is no longer in buisness. So as right now I have a huge paper weight. My supervisor says that he has heard that GE support may be willing ( for a price ) to go to another machine that we have access to and download the program and transfer it to our dead equipment . Is this possible ? Thanks

Yes that is possible. Also it is possible that your unit has the program stored in Flash memory. What is the part number of the CPU? Edited by RussB

Yes it is possible. As long as your technician has the programming software and the program in the other machine is not password protected, then he will be able to upload from the other PLC and download to the dead one. There's no guarantee the program in the other machine will be exactly what you need for the the one without a program, but if it is a similar machine from the same manufacturer, it will be start. I have worked for more than one machinery builder and I can tell you from personal experience that two machines don't always get shipped with identical prgrams, especially when the machines go to different customers or if there is a long time between when the two machines are built. Edited by Steve Bailey

Yes the program is gone .. I hired a technician .. who worked with GE on phone surrport .. it is not there. Oh yes I am VERY aware that two machines are a rarity if they are identical I have been a machine builder / electrician a long time. And I know for a fact that there is password protection , I have hooked into other systems from them and everyone has password. I was under the understanding that a GE technician could work around the password for this sort of a issue ? Thanks for the input .. I am trying to convince management that its gonna be easier to strip the GE and update to a Allen Bradley ( that I have training on) . I can start over a lot faster than spending months trying every avenue to get around this old 90-30

I'm not aware of any "backdoor" password for a 90-30. If the technician doesn't know the password, he'll have to guess it.

i also don't believe there is a 'back door'......you'd probably be better off getting someone who not only does service but is familiar with machine controls and machine operation....thats not GE service.....lots of guys here do this for a living...a number of us have already answered the post.....just my recommendation.... bob

ths serx plc is fast,you can find some errors in the programmer

Unfortunately, I believe your program is lost if the battery was removed. Additionally, I don't know of any way to recover the program once the unit is completely dead.