Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRoss

Red Lion Crimson 3 Drop-Down List

6 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if there is a way to do a drop-down list in Crimson 3?

You could use a pop up page or roll your own with text object. This example may get you started, showing how to manipulate the text (scrolling list) in each text object label.

I use a text display and embed a variable that I use as a pointer for an array like this. Tag[pointer] then just move the pointer up or down with a arrow up or down. Set limits on how far the UP arrow can increase the tag number. The same as DOWN. Sorry I can't post it now I am just to lazy to get up and make that example.

Paul, that example was fantastic. Thank you very much. I'm using it to scroll through a list of a hundred product codes (color codes), each of which is correlated with a couple other parameters (laser marker power and velocity). It takes quite a bit of programming to make Crimson do this; there are four tags, one derived tag, two Programs, and several Complex Expressions per object. But "once you get it, you get it" and I've learned about startup Programs and Rententive Tags in the process. Again, thanks !
1 person likes this

You're welcome Ken! Yeah, and once you get it working in Crimson, you can drag and drop the objects, programs, and tags between applications very easily, If there are name conflicts, no prob...just make a new folder with a unique name in the source (programs and tags can be folder structured very easily) and drag the stuff you want to copy into the folders, then you can deal with name conflict after the folders are dragged to the other instance you're working on. For all the things I have learned from you, it makes me feel good to know I gave a little back. Edited by OkiePC

You expect me to remember, four years later  ?  :-(

I think I was referring to "startup programs" as the Complex Code that you can designate to run at Powerup or at Startup.

In Crimson 3, go to the Pages section and highlight the very top item, which is a little person icon.   Not the first Page, but the icon above that in the tree.

You'll see in the middle pane a bunch of general options for the Red Lion terminal, including code that will run on Startup, on Powerup, and On Tick, plus the timeout and popup settings.

I think these should be in some kind of "Terminal General Settings" screen, but that's where Red Lion put them.