Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RVaughan

How to Find Where an Address is Used...?

3 posts in this topic

How do I find where in a program (which block and network) a specific input address is used? Seems like a simple operation, but surfing the menus and my TIA Programming 1 manual haven't revealed anything yet.

As is so often the case, I found the answer shortly after asking the question. It seems I didn't notice my reference data was filtered. For posterity and future seekers here it is: From SIMATIC Manager, Options>Reference Data>Display (Or Ctrl+Alt+R) Choose Cross-References If your desired reference data type is not displayed, click the filter/pencil icon or go to View>Filter Check your desired reference data type (Inputs in my case) and click OK. The table will show whick blocks reference your data.

Is it STEP7 v5.5 or TIA (= STEP7 v11) ? If it is STEP7 v5.5, then you can select the adress in the LAD/FBD/STL editor, and hit CTRL-ALT-Q. That brings up a small window with all the accesses for that particulr address. Click on one of the displyed lines and the editor will jump to that place. Notice that there is a "display overlapping adresses" (or something like that, dont remember exactly). Be sure to select that one so that you will se all the accesses for example M10.0 is accessed by MB10, MW10, MD8, etc..