Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ketaciturn

protocol Help!

34 posts in this topic

But later when i try to find some more details, and i got this:

I am now confuse about the 289.08 flag should be ON or OFF as the PMCR starts execute..

If your DM file does not have the correct setup for Port A, then, yes, this seems reasonable that the file that you loaded caused the problem. That's why I asked you to upload the Communication Settings for Port A. If you don't have CX Protocol, then you can set them using the Data Memories. Please set them according to the communication specification of the servo drive. Regarding bit 289.08: It should be normally closed.

DM 6555 and DM 6556 are correctly set. Servo drive communication setting and plc com port setting are also matching each other. (19200, 8 bit, 2 bit (stop), Even) DM6555 = #6001 DM6556= #0904 When i try to test the commnication between servo drive and plc using the build in testing function of the drive, the Port A light flash one time and then never light uo again, and then i get the Error message from the drive indicate the failure of communication.

OK...My turn to be confused.... The only sequence in your protocol is Sequence 100 which is defined as a Send-Receive sequence. This means that the PLC is the master and the Servo is the slave. Why do you have drive software which sends commands to the PLC and expects responses from the PLC? Are there any other PMCR instructions in your ladder program besides the one which we keep talking about?

BTW, what is the position of Dip Switch #5 on the CPU? It's important.

There is no other PMCR or TXD or RXD in the ladder program besides that one we mentioned.

I have exhausted any means to help further. Somebody else take a crack at it.

Sorry for make u into so many trouble... Thanks for ur help anyway..