Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

PowerFlex 70

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible to set up a PF70 as follows? Local mode: Keypad control of start/stop and Frequency Reference. Remote Mode: 2 wire control of start stop circuit with remote analog input from PLC. Any tips would be appreciated.

Off the top of my head, I would say yes, this is possible, the best method to go about switching between Auto mode and Local control require going over the details in the manuals which I don't have handy. If there is a conflict between two wire mode and keypad control it will surely be noted right in the control modes section of the book and perhaps repeated or referenced in the control wiring chapter.

Most A-B drives don't let you mix three-wire and two-wire start modes. Are you referring to the Alt-key method of switching between Auto and Manual using the HIM module, or do you intend to have a discrete input wired to an Auto/Manual selector switch ? The PowerFlex 70EC has a special parameter that allows a different "Auto/Manual" mode that can combine two-wire and three-wire functions. Carefully read Page 13 of the PowerFlex 70EC Reference Manual, publication PFLEX-RM004A for details about how that works. Edited by Ken Roach