Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noxcuses

Kinetix 6500 Problems?

4 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know if anyone has or had any problems with Kinetix 6500 servo drives?? My excitement of commissioning a new system with a Compactlogix L30ERM and Kenitix 6500 drives is fading due to weird issues. I've completed several Kinetix 6000 projects with few problems, so I'm hoping this not due to bugs, etc. Has anyone implimented a K6500 system? How did it go?

I did one a couple of months ago. Once I got past the firmware update on the processor (only through USB? really?) and random errors on the drives (re-seating and/or trading the drive controller heads cleared this), it went ok. What kind of issues?

When the machine is powered up, one of the head units will Intermittently not connect to the power unit. Sometimes everything will operate normally and at some point will disconnect from power unit. AB replaced one head unit already due to it failing to boot. When I tell tech support of the issue, they tell me to reseat the head unit. After reseating a dozen times I'm starting to wonder how robust this will be or do I just have a bad unit.

I hear you, sounds similar to my issues. Try trading the head unit with one of the other head units. You'll have to change the IP addresses, obviously. My installation has been running more or less continuously for a couple of months with no issues. I had the issues at the initial testing in the factory, no problems at all during startup.