Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raulvirtudazo

Siemens

13 posts in this topic

Hello Guy, Any one can help me? How to use DB and FB or can you give me a sample program? thank you so much.

i got confused with siemens site.perhaps because it's the first time i'm getting involved with siemens.:) please,does anyone know if there is available "any" step 7 version for windows 7 home or professional for TRIAL use???? i'm trying to find it on site but I cannot!!!!""

my friend GOOGLE returned this useful link -- http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/guests/PostShow.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=108722&Language=en

:) dear boblfoot thanks very much.ive already seen these posts in siemens site,but I think that versions mentioned over there are not for Win 7. that's why i turned my questions to you.have i understood it wrong??? sorry for insisting ;)

Do you mean Siemens Micro Win S7-200 if so try this http://www.automation.siemens.com/mcms/simatic-controller-software/en/step7/step7-micro-win/pages/default.aspx Rodney Edited by Rodney

Thanks Rodney. Probably Siemens Micro Win S7-200 could help me, as it says that it supports Win XP nad higher, but as long as I can see, there is nowhere a "download" button or link in the page you've attached me. Are you sure someone can download a trial of that?

MicroWin is now a free download on the Siemens site. Link to MicroWin download

Step 7 Micro/Win is only for the S7/200, and it is NOT free. What you can download from that support link is only service packs. They only update existing software, they will not install a new copy. With Siemens, you need to be more specific which platform. The S7-200 uses Micro/Win as mentioned before. S7-300 and S7-400 use Step 7 Professional. The new S7-1200 uses a new software. Siemens offered up a copy of Step 7 for free before, it was called Step 7 Lite. It supported S7-300 but not networking. See the link below. http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&nodeid0=14905487&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW&objid=10805396&treeLang=en

thanks man.that was an explanation i really needed. i found my way anyway.i got a new copy of step 7 v5.5+sp1 included and after i installed it (windows 7 professional) i can also see that i got a trial license installed.so i assume that it will be ok for me to experiment with this in my pc. ?ow when trial will be over (have no idea when!!!) we'll see....my case is that i am only familiar with schneider products and i'm newbie into it!!!!! :) thank you very much.

I *think* that the trial is for a week or two, so experiment fast!

ahahahaha!thanks a lot for the advice!i 'll keep it in mind :)

Thats odd, I've always used Step 7 previously but we recently did some work for a company that had a machine controlled by a S7-200. The Brazilian engineer who worked for the developer company copied S7-MicroWin and the Micro version of WinCC onto a dvd for me, told me they were free software. Loaded both, both worked, no keys. ?? For Step 7, there's standard and Professional.

Copied from a CD and downloaded from the website are not the same. The CD could be the full version, not the service pack they post on the web. My guess is he copied his original licensed disk. It doesn't take an activation disc like their other titles. I haven't worked with these in a few years, but I have not seen a notice stating it is free.