Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahuat

CQM1H network

32 posts in this topic

Dear All, Sorry, my previous message is not clear enough, i have to add more information, the actual condiition is, there are 21 pcs CQM1-CPU21 and one CJ1M-CPU11 need to connect in a network, each CPU is already connected to NT31C via the RS232C port, it is still possible to move the NT connection to Peripheral Port and connect all the CQM1-CPU21 and one CJ1M-CPU11 to check all the I/O in a computer... huuh... i hope it's still possible..... i am a beginner in networking plc, so if Anybody has any solution, pls help....... thanks Alll, ahuat

You need to use the CPM1-CIF11 peripheral to RS422 adapter. See these threads: Search for CIF11 Search for RS422

MR Anthony, Thank you sooooo much for your quick reply,,, we really appreciate it... :) Another questions, so sorry for my stupidity... I use the CJ1M-CPU11 for a 'master' to collect the CIO data from each CQM1 CPUs, and if two CQM1 is sending data, what would happen? What I remember that CPM1-CIF11 connector is different with CJ1M-CPU11 connector, and need a adapter correct? Do you have a 'basic' sample on how to send plc's data from one node (CQM1-CPU21) data to another node ( CJ1M-CPU11 )using CPM1-CIF11? Thank you again..... This site is REALLY GREAT!!

Look at this code and see if you can understand how to convert it to use with CJ1M. CQMaster.swp

Wow...., thank a lot... i need some times to check them all Again i really appreciate...

Hello, During i learn a list of code from Mr Jay Anthony, i think about the response time of connecting 21 CQM1-CPU21, let's say i only need to send 2 words from each CQM1 to CJ1M unit everytime the CQM unit has alarm, and the CJ1M need to record the time..., ....is somebody know about the response time of using CPM1-CIF11? thanks

You can expect about 300ms per CQM1H. Probably three per second.

It's fast enough, :) THANKS.... Oh yes,.... Mr Jay Anthony, i just go to omron website for downloading CQM1H programming manual ,, and i also found a catalog of CQM1-LK501, what do you think about this module? It looks good, but i never see one use it in practice. and my CJ1M is become useless.

CQM1-LK501 is a slave module for SYSBUS - a veeeery old Remote I/O system. CJIM does not support a master for this system.

Thanks for the reply... What is better... using TXd Rxd command or using Protocol Macro ...? Regards

Additional, i also thinking of using CQM1H-CIF12 instead of CPM1-CIF11 Regards

If you have CQM1-CPU21, you must use CPM1-CIF11 If you have CQM1H-CP21, you must use CQM1H-CIF12. Each CPU has a different peripheral port connector. They are not interchangeable.

Thanks for your information, Is it possible to combine both type? i mean some PLC are using TXD RXD command and some are using protocol macro? the 21 CPUs are mix, some are CQM1H-CPU21 and some are CQM1-CPU21, Again ....., A BIG THANK YOU ....!!! Regards, ahuat

The hardware is electrically interchangeable so yes you can use both types. But, you're a little mixed up about TXD/RXD or PMCR. Those instructions will be used only at the master CJ1M.

Sorry for my misunderstanding,,... mean that the TXD/RXD or PMCR instruction are only written in CJ1M CPU11? And every certain time interval, it's check all the conditions in the CQM1? My understanding (before) was : if one of the CQM1 CPU receive one alarm signal from the machine, and then it send a message to an address in the CJ1M by TXD/RXD or PMCR..., and the CJ1M will record the alarm, But...., after i think more :), your idea needs lesser programming, because i only doing in the CJ1M CPU11 correct? Compare with if i have to add more ladder in each of the CQM1.. ? Regards

This was your original concept. Most of us are advising against it. It would be better for the CJ1M to poll the CQM1 PLCs.

Mr Jay Anthony, my previous concept is because i tough the CJ1M need to record the time when the CQM1H CPU has alarm, .... it is possible for the CJ1M to detect automatically if one of the CQM1/CQM1H CPUs has alarm? Thank you

Always poll the CQM1H for the alarm bit. When it is on, you will know it when the poll cycle comes.

Hello, i already do a simple ladder to read DM0000 of the CQM PLC, the basic idea is taken from Mr Jay Anthony E5CK ladder, but nothing is happen ??, i don't see the communication light blink, the setting in the CQM are : DM6648 0001, the ladder is written by CX programmer ver 4.03 What i have to set in the Host Link Port ? Thank you in advance test2.cxp

Try these settings.

After i change the setting, i made some modification on the code as in attachment, i do a one to one PLC first .... but still not success, ..... i change the setting in the master as in your reply and i change the host link port setting in the slave (CQM PLC) with Mode : RS232C, Start Code : Disable, Received bytes : 256, cable connection is : 2 ------- 3 3 ------- 2 4 -- -- 4 | | 5 -- --5 9 -------- 9 i also do some test by force some contact to make the TXD then RXD command run but the Port communication indicator in the CPU did not blink at all, even if i have wrong cable connection, this light should on, correct? There are some difference in address, A8.05 and A8.06 in CQM1 are 392.05 and 392.06 in CJ1M, and A9 is A393, are this correct? because i havent see 392.05 and 392.06 status is (ON) on the CX Programmer. :*-( Pls help ,,,, Thanks in advance test2.cxp

cable connection is : 2 ------- 3 3 ------- 2 4 --| |-- 4 5 --| |-- 5 9 ------- 9 Cable is good. DO NOT change the settings in the CQM1. It needs to be set to hostlink.

Does anybody else understand what I am telling him?

Yes, i mean is A392.05 and A392.06, and the bytes counter is A393, The attachment (test2.cxp) is the program on the CJ1m-cpu11, i will change the setting of the host link port in the CQM1 into Host Link, but... if later i use CQM1H-CIF12, do i have to change the setting into RS232C? Thank you