Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arpix

Omron Programming PLC TIMERS

29 posts in this topic

Hello all! I have just start with Omron programming. Befor i was use a Siemens S7 program for Siemens PLC's. Im little bit confused of the programming protocol in this Omron CX program. In Siemens S7 i have nice and fifve timers. I mean i one i had Off delay, On delay etc.. Her in Omron CX i have just 1 Timer. And i need to put 2-5 rung to made my wish is threre some easyes whay to do this..? I made a simply program for holding the Output 10 sec with timer. Can this du easyer? Best regards Arpad Edited by arpix

I have difficulty using the timer. Example, preset time is 5 seconds. After the Enable_Drive is ON the Start_Drive will be ON after 5 seconds. According to the timing diagram below, if Enable_Drive is OFF in less than 5 seconds, the timer will reset to 0(elapsed time = 0). Can someone give me hint, how to pause the timer if the Enable_Drive is OFF less than 5 seconds. The timer should hold the value of elapsed time and then resume after Enable_Drive is ON again. Bestr regards

There are plenty of on-delay, off-delay, etc function blocks for the CS, CJ, CP1L and CP1H PLCs. From the help file: You can add these files by right clicking on Function blocks in the project workspace. Choose Insert Function block -> From File. Then navigate to: C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\Lib\FBL\omronlib\PLC\CPU (by default) to choose the function block to add to your project. Then go to the help pulldown and choose Omron FB Library Reference to find the help for the particular FB you want to use.
1 person likes this

Oh Thank you Michael Walsh! I did not seet this yet but that FB is realy look like a timer from siemens. I have a question how can i put my desired time in the PT? The prpgram not allowed to me to write there any number. like #100. Willy thanks for advice. Thank you wery much. this is opened a new chapter in lerning this Omron CX for me. Best regards Arpad Edited by arpix

Man - Omron is easy. I had a colleague watching me today programming 4 diesel generators and touch screens onsite. I use I/O numbers not stupid symbols - much faster and a whole lot less trouble - keyboard and certainly not drag and drop - have no intention of getting RSI from using a mouse at my time of life! There were 8 PLCs on the Ethernet I/P network previously - added these 4 today. Had comms going to all the Woodward generator controllers and Caterpillar engines in about 20 minutes - Modbus RTU. Had PLCs programmed inside 4 hours and screens in another 2 hours - took nothing to site. I cannot do that with any other brand of PLC! I do have several standard routines that I use for comms with these devices of course including floating point maths for the stuff coming from the Caterpillars. The standard routines took several days to develop of course but work well and are copied, pasted and modified to suit the comms cards sewtup in the PLCs.

Thanx Bob for your experience, but this is not helping me out at all.. I don't have an experience like you. But im lerning... But i respect! cheers Best regards Arpad

arpix, to pause/retain count you can use the TTIM/TTIMX timers.
1 person likes this

Thanx all for answers! cheers!

Hello guys! I made some little program with timers. When i activate the W10.00 that mean that i detected a metal on transporter and the T0 need to activate the T1 after X sec Time and the T2 need to hold the output opened Y sec time. If between i activate the W50.00 that need to stop the timer. If i deactivate the W50.00 the timer should count from time wher is they stop. NOT FROM the begining. The problem is that when i stop the timer, the timer going back to to the starting time position. How can i memorised the time when i activated the W50.00? In siemens this is working fine... But here something is not working.... I put the MOVE funcion that when i activate the W50.00 the last timer count nuber shold writen in the Timer... but its not happening....:( How can i memorised the time? I will put my program. Best regards Arpad BAT_OmronProba.cxp

Use TTIMX. It is a totalizing timer. It "remembers" where the timer was if it is interrupted. It also has a reset input to reset the timer back to its setpoint.
1 person likes this

Oh man! Cheers! When you know what to use that its look so easy, but when you don't know its so complikated!!! Big thanks MAN! I was trying all the complicated way and it was not worked... Thats the problem that i want to solve the problem like in the Siemens... but its not the same.... Big thanks again!

A little manuals reading may help you too...

Hello! Is ther any possibility to increase the timer time when the timer is working? Example,.. the timer is set to 20 sec. The timer is in the cycle and counting down, and in some moment i want to add more 10 sec to the timer. Is that possible to do. I made a little program wher i read out the datas from the timer in the DM memory. I convewrt that data in floating point number, and with the +F a add a number 10. After i convert back to the UINT and trying to MOV back in the timer... but its not working. Some idea? Thanx Edited by arpix

I took your original example and added a new program to it re-written it the way that I would write the program. It includes all the examples you asked about. Maybe this will help you. BAT_OmronProba.cxp
1 person likes this

Thank you wery much Mendon Systems! Best regard Arpad

Hi everyone! I am totally unexperienced Omron and Cx-Programmer user. I want to put in my project On_delay timer from Fb library. But I have a problem to insert two parameters - PT and ET? How can I do this? I attach the screen to specify the problem.

First, you are using OFF delay timer. Second, I advise you to use BIN type (Binary) so you can enter and read timer values as integer values (BCD is not used often anymore). To enter FB parameters, simply focus on the input/output field and press enter. A dialog will popup to enter the parameter. Connect your timer on bit to the IN parameter. Enter a constant value e.g. &50 for 5 seconds delay at the PT parameter. You can also enter a register that holds the constant value e.g. D1. Connect a coil to the timer output ENO. Enter a register e.g. D1 tot the ET parameter to display elapsed time.

p.s. when using multiple timer FB in your program, be sure to create a unique instance name for every block.

Personally I like to use the flat type of timer instead of a FB... easier. Use TIMX for binary timer (TIM wil require to enter the timer value as BCD)

Hi. I am also trying to use TIMX(550) but have a problem configuring it to get the value from a memory location. How would I set the 'set value' to come from say H10 (user input through HMI) ? When I try this and enter 1200 in to location H10 the timer never starts to count down and always shows &0 while in monitoring mode... Steve

To use H10 as the timer preset you would replace the &50 in PDL's example with H10 and place the preset value in H10. The TIMX instruction allows the preset to be any decimal value, but regular TIM instructions require the preset value to be a BCD number.

Thanks Dick However, I have already tried this ans it's not working for me :( See below So I entered a value of 300 into H10 (Lamp_On_Time) via the SwitchBox utility and then set bit Q.1.03 to true. However, if I enter say &1200 instead of the memory address H10 it works as expected and counts down 2 minutes. Any ideas ??? Regards Steve Edited by smcardle

It appears to me that there is something wrong with your Lamp_On_Time symbol definition. When I enter a similar rung CX-P displays the address of the symbol below the symbol name. Try entering the preset as just H10 and see what happens.