Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhowasso

Picture Software

13 posts in this topic

Hi All, What software do you guys use to draw circles, arrows, pointers, text on pictures with..???? I see some of you pointing stuff out on pictures with this kind of thing. Thanks,

I'm sure there are many, but Windoze 7 has a built in one, that is okay http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool

I use SnagIt. Yes I purchased it, but it's worth it because I send lots of screen shot emails.

Snagit rules big time!

+++ for snagit on windoze boxen. last I looked it had a 30 day free trial also.

I purchased Paint Shop Pro many years ago and still use it for photo editing. If you have MS Word, you can add circles, call-outs, etc. pretty easily. You should be able to do the same in Excel and certainly in Visio. For free software, try Gimp. They have versions for Windows and Linux (and maybe MAC as well). It's not my favorite, but the price is right and probably does all you would need it to do.

I use the last Free portable version (5.3) of FastStone Capture. http://www.aplusfree...oneCapture.html Edited by RussB

I use Snag-It constantly for writing training materials and technical bulletins. Newer versions can even capture pulldown menus and scroll windows to capture entire window.

Also try Sang-It for video capture sometime. It will catch your executing ladder logic so you can go back and watch it slow mo.

I use Paint.net It's free and easy to use and constantly improving. I like the fact that it allows layers like Photoshop, so you can put all your notes and arrows and circles on a separate layer so as not to disturb the original screen shot or photo. It also has some rendering tools like photoshop along with easy to use drawing tools and some nice selection tools too.

i am using this simple but useful picture .net sdk for years, it is doing great job in image resizng cropping and annotating, such as draw circles and text on images. pretty awesome. hope it is what you are looking for.

Hi, I wonder what did you mean by ".net"? The C#.NET? Or VB.NET? Best regards, Arron

.NET is cross language. The link he gave ends up redirecting to Rasteredge. Their SDK is $1500.00, which is a great deal, because Snagit is only $50.00... Also the yiigo site is full of non-working links. All in all, kinda suspicious, IMHO.