Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CX_Luigi

Ethernet/IP datalinks and applications coexisting the same port?

4 posts in this topic

On a CJ2M I can create datalinks using the Ethernet/IP port. Can I also access the PLC with a software or shall I need to install an EIP21 card? Also what are you experiences with datalinks for a number of PLCs? I am appraising the convenience to have up 10+ PLCs connected in this way, rather than the usual ControllerLink network. Edited by CX_Luigi

If you are referring to support for socket services, you will need a full blown ETN21 card for that.

I have a job where there are currently 7 x CJ2M and 1 x CS1D connected this way. I have made provision for a total of 19 PLCs at a later date. I just set up the data table to be automatic and split the maximum number of words equally - download to all PLCs. Be careful - I think the limit is 640 words for a CJ2M inbuilt Ethernet - if you need more you will need the expensive card. I set everything up in DMs as you can now access DM bits in the CJ2M.

You can have datalinks and other software on the same. I have used a CJ2M with datalink ( 2 ) and a NS + Cxsupervisor Banker