Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcman

Configuring RIO 1794-0e4 with PLC5 40

6 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to add a 1794-0e4 module to an existing rack. The plc is a PLC5 l40 enhanced jobby. The rack (rack3) originally consisted of a 1794-ASB and 6off 1794-OV16, the I/O configuration on rack 3 was set to 3/4 and I changed this to full. The 1794-oe4 is in 7th position (slot6) I am using BTR and BTW to setup and read from the module, I have them setup as Rack 3, Group 6, Module 0. The reads and writes go through OK no errors, but I don't get any output from the module. My control block is N17:0 and is set to zero. My data block N18:0, N18:0 - 3 are my analog values, N18:5 setsup the module as 4-20mA so bits 8 - 11 are set to 1. I would appreciate help from anybody who can see where I am going wrong. Many Thanks Al

Post your .RSP file if you can. What values are you writing to the output cards data words? It would be a whole lot easier if you used a "Block Transfer" data type for your control word. Then configure it with the software. See example below Edited by Mickey

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. Part of the problem is that cannot get the setup screen, it says that modules aren't available. Reading the manual, there is no mention of the config screen so I thought it may be normal. I guess I have done something wrong in the I/O config, but I don't know what.

If you can post the program, someone may be able to help with that.

Hi Just for information. I have the module working now. I had to set it up manually by configuring bits in the control word that is being BTW'd into the module. I had neglected to set the muliplexer bits to '1' so the safe level output was being delivered to the output instead of the value I wanted. Thanks for the help all.

Good to hear. And thanks for coming back with your solution.